The Stupendous September Special Ops Shenanigans!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ka-Boom!

That's a beautiful thing right there!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

pepesdad1":islrglr5 said:
It is not often that I’m caught speechless....opened my mail box yesterday and was hit with three IED’s at once. Today it looked like the tobacco heavens had opened.

I’ve been MIA in a sense that I have been lurking rather than signing on, basically keeping my mouth shut, so I was nevertheless not expecting the outpouring of generosity that has been the hallmark of BoB members.

I will post pictures as soon as I can find my camera.

Just being part of this great community of pipers has filled my heart with a joy unmatched by anything I can think of.  I consider myself fortunate to be a member of this community and look forward to many years of bliss by association.

Thank you one and all.

Walt Freeman
pepesdad1

Folks...

The destruction is far from over, but I'd call this a win! Looks like a direct hit from multiple warheads!!!

Blackhorse":149yx47w said:

I'm thinkin' maybe we should dial up the local EMT's this run...just for a courtesy check-in visit to the target. I mean, he IS elderly and with a weak heart and all...you know. Just a precaution. See, when some Andy Griffith type lawyer starts yappin' at our trial about how we deliberately caused his demise via shock and awe, etc. it might be good to show we did what we could to support his survival during this time of severe crisis. Mitigation defense. Just a thought.
Maybe a medic and a chaplain should be assigned to arrive on the day after the initial bombardment to help with damage control.

Walt had a problem posting his pictures of the carnage and sent them to me via email and asked that I post these for him.
I'd like to say, "Thank You", to all of the Bombers who showed our Brother Walt (pepesdad1) how much he is liked, respected, and how much we miss his postings by all these generous gifts.   :)

AJ

Seriously Bombed (cont.)

As promised a picture, but forgive my lack of skills at this,
And yes, they almost needed to call the EMT’s for my weak heart.
A fabulous collection of homebrews: Grandpa’s Sweater, Lonesome Llama, Caliope’s Choice, BBQ Blend, and the already famous Pebble Castle.  Listing in no special order: tins of Six Pence, Wilderness and R-Blend Smoking Mixture.  3 X 2oz. samplers of Luxury Navy Flake, Old Joe Krantz and 5115-Old World Classic.  Then the very special Christmas Cheer 2016 and 2017.  A box of Pueblo Dominicano Ambassador cigars, 1 clay pipe, another tin of R-Blend Smoking Mixture, 4oz. each of 5100 and 2035.  Players Navy Medium Cut and D:C Own Blend.  Moving on to a tin of Escudo, a tin of John Bull cigars/cigarettes and a baggy each of Savinelli 140 and D&R’s Rimboche.  Then we have some Red Cake, Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky and HH Bold Kentucky. 1 tin of Corn Cob and Button Nose and Peterson’s Holiday Season.  C&D Winchester and C&D’s Exclusive.  From Straus Tobacconist we have 7 different blends in sampler packs.  From Roseburg (?), OR. We have a couple of sampler packs from the Briar Shoppe along with some wonderful chocolate for my wife.  A tin of Royal Yacht, packs of pipe cleaners and a 8deco pipe tamper with the holes in it so that your pipe won’t go out.

I have been blessed by a wonderful crew and I count myself lucky and fortunate to be considered for this honor.

I forgot to mention the beautiful furs that were sent also.  Again my deep appreciation for all the members.  I am truly humbled.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Way to go Walt! What a bombing!

Great target choice, HQ.

Home for tea and medals.

Pip pip.

That's outstanding!

Stick, I may skip the tea, but I'll stand you a dram of Islay's finest!

What a great note to end September on!

Dottleman":uw3rqxw9 said:
That's outstanding!

Stick, I may skip the tea, but I'll stand you a dram of Islay's finest!

What a great note to end September on!
I say! What a splendid idea!

Lagavulin old chap?

I think this was wicked successful! Well done team! Somebody is going to get it bad in October...

Yes oh loyal members...this was pretty epic.

Now on to October - an always special event.

The horrors of Halloween!!!

OOOOoooooooooooOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!  :affraid: