titles

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokeyTweed":a8wi04d6 said:
you can't pick your own "title or nickname" just let it be and if you get one, you get one... :cheers:
Yep. Ol' Dock and the mods pretty much assign a clever little nickname when we feel it applies, in good will of course. Dock is really good at this so don't push it, especially if you're trying to be clever and self serving - you may regret what you end up with :twisted: So far those with nicknames have been given them because their personality sort of dictates it - except for LL who got one as a barb :lol: (and only cuz we love the guy, wouldn't be any fun otherwise).

jhuggett":mdmxfs4u said:
They are added after a while. No real structure to it just after you've been here a while someone goes, "Hey we should give Irene and title." :lol:
How long is "a while"?
"Hey, we should give Irene and title."

:twisted:

Irene Adler":5lxek5vt said:
jhuggett":5lxek5vt said:
They are added after a while. No real structure to it just after you've been here a while someone goes, "Hey we should give Irene and title." :lol:
How long is "a while"?
Yup. Gotta agree with Amy. With J the Hugget and PD assuming full ownership and control of the board, it ought to be easier, too. Now only two curmudgeons have to agree instead of three.

Give Amy a title, dammit. :twisted:

Resident Songbird, maybe?

LL":2col8nlf said:
Piet, how about kwaai laanie?
cool LL, help please, Kwaai = angry, also street slang for super cool
Laanie = not sure there is no such word!

BUT......... Kwaai = super cool
Naai = to stitch or sew, street slang for sex,

SO, KWAAI NAAI = super cool sex, also when these two words are added together, it becomes street slang for when something is really cool or super nice or extraordinary.

Eg "That repair job LL did on my pipe was KWAAI NAAI" (super cool, nice well done, better than sex)

so tell the BOB team..............

KWAAI NAAI
Piet Binsbergen! :lol: :lol:

=) I will take whatever you gents decide on, graciously. I just want a title. :D

I usually request

"Not a Sheeple" ....

because I'm not one of the normal Sheeple that blindly, robotically, mindlessly, do what the superiors want me to.....like staying busy swiping my credit card at the Mall to buy sneakers with lights in them, or at the sporting events shouting at the camera guy with my finger in the air claiming the false Illusion of Superiority over another human being. :cry:

I'm not usually this serious....must come from having to work on Labor Day. :evil:

Irene Adler":rp5mj085 said:
=) I will take whatever you gents decide on, graciously. I just want a title. :D
Congrats on your title Irene!!!!!!
Well done!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LL":64hrvrjs said:
Piet Binsbergen":64hrvrjs said:
LL":64hrvrjs said:
Piet, how about kwaai laanie?
cool LL, help please, Kwaai = angry, also street slang for super cool
Laanie = not sure there is no such word!
I was just playing around with this: (is there anything Wiki doesn't cover?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_slang_words

It says "Laanie" means "boss." Figured "Super Cool Boss" fit you.
Cool LL, I'm with you now bro!!!!
Laanie in Afrikaans, Larny in RSA eng. In English it means cool Dude, Something is fashionable or expensive, eg, larney car would be something like a BMW, Mercedes, etc
In Afrikaans, Laanie could be boss, but more popular as the above in English.
"LL se job op my pyp was kwaai laanie"
"LL's repair job on my pipe was super cool" (here used to express better than brilliant)

10 out of 10for thinking of me LL and taking the time out to learn Afrikaans slang!!
well done,
3 cheers brother!!!!

Irene Adler":td5p7jmn said:
Thank you. =) I love it!
Please tell me thats you in that new Avatar you posted!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
I know everybody wants to know but they are all to chicken to ask!!!!! :lol: