To whom it may concern

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you gentlemen, I just pray my back holds up till it's all over. ;)

God bless you Ron. Change is the only constant in life, and a change that brings you closer to your daughter is likely a good thing. All the best as you prepare for the move.
Mike.

Cartaphilus":eebnmw83 said:
Thank you guys for your best wishes and support, it's going to be a long road ahead but, hopefully without to many potholes.

Selling tools? Who's selling tools? Not on your life, I'm moving not dieing, there all I really have left besides my pipe collection and I ain't lett'en loose of any of it till they shove me in a hole..
Ron, that's the spirit!

All you or anyone has to do is to go to your website and view all the wonderful pipes you've made over the past years to understand how much you've brought to the table. Your resume is out there for all to see, and it's impressive.

You've been creative and original in many of your designs. And your meticulous attention to detail is much in evidence. Your blasting technique is second to none, your highly polished smooth finishes are amazing, and the engineering is spot-on in each and every case. You have much to be proud of.

I can only hope there will once again be RD pipes at some point in the future. I'll be a customer. ;)

In the meantime, I can only wish you the best on your re-location. No doubt you've given this much consideration. Hope it can help give you stability as the years go on.

Anything you need from me, just ask.  :heart:

Cheers,

RR

Thank you Rande, your much too kind sir.

First off I wish you the best in your move. Being closer to family is important. I did that myself in the last year and has done wonders for me. I hate to see you giving up on pipe making. You have a true gift and passion for it. May the good lord be with you sir.

Ron: Sorry to hear that you will no longer be carving pipes. I was enjoying seeing your work. However, family is more important than sitting in front of a sanding wheel! I wish you all the best with the move. Hopefully, you will once again find some joy in your life. This hobby can sometimes turn into an obsession that consumes us. It's always good to take a break from something that gets in the way of everyday life. Good luck and safe travels Ron!

Hiram-2011":ytlvhvid said:
First off I wish you the best in your move.  Being closer to family is important.  I did that myself in the last year and has done wonders for me.  I hate to see you giving up on pipe making.  You have a true gift and passion for it.  May the good lord be with you sir.
Thank you so much sir and I hope it does for me also.

DoverPipes":kzqvu1ju said:
Ron: Sorry to hear that you will no longer be carving pipes. I was enjoying seeing your work. However, family is more important than sitting in front of a sanding wheel! I wish you all the best with the move. Hopefully, you will once again find some joy in your life. This hobby can sometimes turn into an obsession that consumes us. It's always good to take a break from something that gets in the way of everyday life. Good luck and safe travels Ron!
Thank you kindly sir.

Such a bittersweet announcement mate, very glad to hear you're moving closer to your loved ones but saddened you're shutting up shop. I can only double down on what Rande said and that each and every one of your pipes I own is cherished and smoked regularly. 

Good luck with the move sir. 

Cheers

Tim

Timbo":b5d5qm4n said:
Such a bittersweet announcement mate, very glad to hear you're moving closer to your loved ones but saddened you're shutting up shop. I can only double down on what Rande said and that each and every one of your pipes I own is cherished and smoked regularly. 

Good luck with the move sir. 

Cheers

Tim
Thank you Tim, you too are very kind.

Hi Ron,
Best of luck with your plans for the future. I know from personal experience that life has a habit of making you make decisions that you'd rather avoid as you'll never know if you did the right thing - life's like that - it hates letting people make easy choices :)
I was going to say I was sorry you'd decided to give up pipe-making but realised how selfish that would be. You've got to do what you feel is right for you and if it's becoming a chore rather than a hobby then it sounds like you've made the right choice.
I'm one of the lucky people who owns a Ron Powell smoking machine (alright - three :) ) so can sympathise with those who don't - I know what they're missing out on! :)

As you haven't mentioned giving up the evil weed, I take it you'll still be partaking when you can. Once you're settled in your new home PM me and I'll despatch some RDF your way - everyone needs a break from Escudo now and then!

Take care Ron and the best of luck for the future.

Adam

Simple Man":usqhyau8 said:
It seems the older we get the decisions seem to be more circumstance than choice.
Indeed, and I highlight this because I think a lot of people, and hopefully not you, can feel like it is only happening to them. It is not. These days, the unexpected should be the expected. It's a volatile world.

I haven't bought artisan pipes in the past (financial, not for any other reason), but you were on my very short list to someday patronize. Not important other than to let you know your work is respected.

Best of luck to you. Utah is such a gorgeous place. Hoping it treats you well.

alandadp":j29qopty said:
Hi Ron,
Best of luck with your plans for the future. I know from personal experience that life has a habit of making you make decisions that you'd rather avoid as you'll never know if you did the right thing - life's like that - it hates letting people make easy choices :)
I was going to say I was sorry you'd decided to give up pipe-making but realised how selfish that would be. You've got to do what you feel is right for you and if it's becoming a chore rather than a hobby then it sounds like you've made the right choice.
I'm one of the lucky people who owns a Ron Powell smoking machine (alright - three :) ) so can sympathise with those who don't - I know what they're missing out on! :)

As you haven't mentioned giving up the evil weed, I take it you'll still be partaking when you can. Once you're settled in your new home PM me and I'll despatch some RDF your way - everyone needs a break from Escudo now and then!

Take care Ron and the best of luck for the future.

Adam
Thank you Adam you are Very kind and generous and I'm glad to hear your still enjoying the pipes. ;)