Tobacco reviews

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosin1932

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
What does everyone think of the new tobacco reviews website? I had no idea they were changing it till yesterday when I tried to log in.

I mostly just use scroll through it when I'm trying a new blend to find tasting notes. I think its cool they added a forum, but I am pretty dissapointed in the fact they no longer have a sort function for reviews by date, rating, strength, helpfulness (unless I'm missing something).

JimInks, did they ask you for any user input before the changes? I seem to remember you posting there a few times 😆

It seems like the reviews and search functionality was diminished in favor of the new forum content, making the reviews take a backseat seems counter-intuitive to the purpose of the site. I could also be throwing a fit because I don't like change, so would love to hear what everyone else thinks!

I’m abit of a luddite when it comes to computers, iPhones, etc…
I’ve tried to navigate around the new Reviews website and generally found myself being returned to the main page.
Generally, I have found in this situation that hitting the computer and swearing seems to help.

as long as it is still searchable via google, I'm good. it's the only way I've ever used or accessed it. a lot of message boards are updating their software this summer.

I saw the post that Balisong mentioned today, and they said the advanced search should be back up sometime this week, I hope that includes the filter options too. I opened a review earlier today on my phone and the page was just the HTML source code for the page lol, it actually made searching through the reviews easier because they were all open on the same page so you can use browser search.

It is enough to acknowledge the problems and give a rough timeline so I'll quite my bitching already! I am excited to see what kind of space the forums turn into. There is already a "what are you smoking" thread going on, and it would seem like a natural place for people to connect who want to trade/exchange tobaccos. I always hoped for a more robust commenting system on the reviews also, if only to see some of the drama unfold, considering some of the comments I have read on there, I think everyone is entitled to a rebuttal at least :ROFLMAO:

What does everyone think of the new tobacco reviews website? I had no idea they were changing it till yesterday when I tried to log in.

I mostly just use scroll through it when I'm trying a new blend to find tasting notes. I think its cool they added a forum, but I am pretty dissapointed in the fact they no longer have a sort function for reviews by date, rating, strength, helpfulness (unless I'm missing something).

JimInks, did they ask you for any user input before the changes? I seem to remember you posting there a few times 😆

It seems like the reviews and search functionality was diminished in favor of the new forum content, making the reviews take a backseat seems counter-intuitive to the purpose of the site. I could also be throwing a fit because I don't like change, so would love to hear what everyone else thinks!
I had nothing to do with it, and was as surprised as everybody was. It'll take time as they have stated, but I believe it'll get fixed so I exhibit patience in the meantime.

Yes…patience…that’s the ticket.

IMG_7442.gif

I just checked TR for the new C&D Steamworks review, and the feature to look at certain people's reviews is back. I just looked at @JimInks to catch up on some recent ones. It is not direct, as you have to click on the reviewer name, then the link that is the number of reviews.
Some things seem to be improving but I'm still missing the ability to sort through all the reviews for a specific blend.

I hadn't heard of Steamworks yet, I'll have to check it out, we've gotten so many new blends in the last two months I can barely keep up! That's a good problem to have in my book though lol.