Tobacco Sales At SP and P&C for the month of September

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLowlyApprentice

Reaction score
Smoking Pipes has Cornell & Diehl 15% off for all of September.

Pipes and Cigars has Peter Stokkebye 20% off for all of September.

Happy TAD!!

TLA

Yep...saw that when I flipped the P&C Calendar and immediately loaded up on LNF and LBF.

Last month Stokkebye pressed burley (702) was $25 for a 1 lb bag at P&C. Now it is $35 for the same bag, but I get 20% off. So, it went up $3 a pound. And I'm supposed to be excited about this?

Can we please not talk about sales? With my order the other day from P&C, I completely blew it. I forgot cleaners and a few other small things that normally get to be too expensive because of shipping. No big deal, right? Well, the seller on eBay who usually sells cleaners is gone, and when I piss away several dollars because of poor memory, it's beyond frustrating. Don't forget your maintenance stuff, folks!

Zeno Marx":g7hntewj said:
Can we please not talk about sales?  With my order the other day from P&C, I completely blew it.  I forgot cleaners and a few other small things that normally get to be too expensive because of shipping.  No big deal, right?  Well, the seller on eBay who usually sells cleaners is gone, and when I piss away several dollars because of poor memory, it's beyond frustrating.  Don't forget your maintenance stuff, folks!
I feel your pain. A couple of months ago I was going to order a pipe and some tobacco. I selected all of the tobacco items and then proceeded to check out. Only after I had placed the order that I realized I had forgotten to buy the pipe. I felt like an idiot. Thankfully customer service allowed me to add the pipe to my order so that I'd qualify for free shipping. One would think that when I went to pay for the tobacco I would have noticed that I was paying for shipping but for reasons known only to the Great Modingho I didn't. Getting older isn't always a fun ride in the park. :)

AJ

Puff Daddy":wbbtc224 said:
Last month Stokkebye pressed burley (702) was $25 for a 1 lb bag at P&C. Now it is $35 for the same bag, but I get 20% off. So, it went up $3 a pound. And I'm supposed to be excited about this?
I've seen that done before, too.

JimInks":1h6qxnfn said:
Puff Daddy":1h6qxnfn said:
I've seen that done before, too.
It seems that this is a common practice with them. :suspect:

AJ

I got my monthly from them, and browsed. Big sales everywhere! One that really caught my eye was that Captain Black pouches WERE $5/each, but are now on sale for $5.25/each.

How can I refuse such an offer?

Ozark Wizard":dpvuthh5 said:
I got my monthly from them, and browsed. Big sales everywhere! One that really caught my eye was that Captain Black pouches WERE $5/each, but are now on sale for $5.25/each.

How can I refuse such an offer?

kid-head-slap.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Granted, Smoking Pipes recently raised their prices for C&D blends by a couple of bucks and change, but with the 15% discount you're still getting access to a pretty good stable of quality tobaccos for a shade over $30 a pound.

Some which I consider worthy of attention include:

Big 'n' Burley
Billy Budd
Engine 99
Habana Daydream
Morley's Best
Old Joe Krantz
Oriental Silk
Star of the East
Super Balkan

All these tobaccos have 3+ ratings at TobaccoReviews.

At Pipes & Cigars the regular price for the 1.5 pound box of Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake is $57.60 but with the 20% discount it comes to $46.08 which, divided by 1.5 pounds comes to $30.72 per pound for a premium VaPer (with Cavendish) flake.
(Be sure to add the sale code "SEPT2016" at checkout to get the sale price.)

When I consider what our puffer compatriots across the pond are having to pay for quality tobaccos, I think that right now we got it pretty good.

TLA

(and as an addendum for VaPer smokers)

As I previously mentioned, Pipes & Cigars is running a sale on Daughters & Ryan tobaccos as well.

Mark Ryan, the sole producer of St. James Perique, makes 3 VaPers:

A.B., A.P., and S.J. Rimboche. The first two use "Acadian Black" perique with A.B. having a touch of latakia and A.P. have an extra dose of Acadian.

But S.J. Rimboche is the one which intrigues me and I'll be ordering it in about a week when my money gets right. It's a pure Virginia with true St. James Perique. And a one pound bag of it will run you the grand sum of $21.96 on sale, and at that price I'm willing to take my chances.

Right now it's on back order but I called P&C today and was told that if ordered while the sale is on, then that's the price you'll pay even if it gets restocked after the sale is over.

Happy TAD!!

TLA

It wasn't SP.com that was being commented on. Outstoundimg folks, the lot of them.
P&C on the other hand routinely gets ragged on for trying new and unique ways to rip people off, of course their fanboys that like to get ripped off always come and defend them.

puros_bran":5wih38n0 said:
It wasn't SP.com that was being commented on. Outstoundimg folks, the lot of them.
P&C on the other hand routinely gets ragged on for trying new and unique ways to rip people off, of course their fanboys that like to get ripped off always come and defend them.
I was one of P&C's biggest fans and I've never been ripped off by them plus they usually had the best prices on the tobacco I wanted. However they have an item I ordered back in April on back order (9MM filters). Two months ago I made an inquiry by email and they responded with some gibberish about Dr. Grabow filters which wasn't what I had ordered. Last month I made another inquiry and to date they haven't responded. I usually spend somewhere between $1000.00 -$1500.00 a year with them. Maybe this is small change to them but I think it's enough to warrant a response to a legitimate inquiry. Well they lost a customer and there's a certain part of my anatomy they can kiss and it isn't above the my neck. They allowed an order that totaled about $5.00 cost them my business. The folks at Smoking Pipes and at Mars Cigars seem pleased to have me as a customer. Time will tell if this holds. :)

AJ

ajn27511":vg2wnulq said:
puros_bran":vg2wnulq said:
I was one of P&C's biggest fans and I've never been ripped off by them plus they usually had the best prices on the tobacco I wanted. However they have an item I ordered back in April on back order (9MM filters). Two months ago I made an inquiry by email and they responded with some gibberish about Dr. Grabow filters which wasn't what I had ordered. Last month I made another inquiry and to date they haven't responded. I usually spend somewhere between $1000.00 -$1500.00 a year with them. Maybe this is small change to them but I think it's enough to warrant a response to a legitimate inquiry. Well they lost a customer and there's a certain part of my anatomy they can kiss and it isn't above the my neck. They allowed an order that totaled about $5.00 cost them my business. The folks at Smoking Pipes and at Mars Cigars seem pleased to have me as a customer. Time will tell if this holds. :)

AJ
Good for you AJ, glad you realized how one sided they are without being hurt too badly.
All the years I've done business with Smokingpipes they've always treated me with respect and fairness.
And that's number one with me. ;)

Cartaphilus":xuq80bjb said:
Good for you AJ, glad you realized how one sided they are without being hurt too badly.
All the years I've done business with Smokingpipes they've always treated me with respect and fairness.
And that's number one with me.  ;)
Thanks Ron. The main reason I did business with them was because of Russ. I really liked doing business with him and Scotty when they had they were in Vermont. Anytime I had a question after the business was sold I felt free to email or contact Russ and he would answer my questions or take care of any problem I was having. Now Russ has so many items on his plate I feel it would be an imposition to try to get him involved in something that's not within his job description. Now he's just an employee trying to make a living in a company that could care less about it's customers. All they are concerned with is the cash flow and the customer be damned. Too bad such a nice guy has to work in a company run by people whose only care is money. :evil:

AJ

I didn't despise them pre-buyout. Sure they screwed a customer here and there, but it wasn't an every day occurance and it never came off as planned. When CI bought them I knew what was coming. I'd watched CI doing their deal on the cigar side long enough to know it was going to get FUBAR ASAP.

SP.com did some righteous deeds on me in an super extraordinary way some years back.. I'll give them a nod any chance I get.
Mars is also an awesome place to do business, a true one man show. You call that number and you are talking to the shopkeeper, the order processor, the picker, the shipper, customer service, and the janitor. If it's wrong he will fix it, every time.