Transplant!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

Glad to hear things are well with your daughter. I have some sense of what you're going through and I'm just glad she's alright. No parent should have to see their child in uneccessary pain.

Charles

I'm a bit late to the thread, but congratulations on finding a donor and a smooth surgery. All the best to her and your family.

Here is to a speedy recovery in the ICU, and a huge thank you to the donor :D

As it stands right now it's 1-3 days in the ICU. Then up to the regular floor for probably another 3-4 days. The kidney came from a deceased young adult male. We are saddened by the loss of the man but grateful for his unselfish gift that others may live. We are very lucky and blessed. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes it means a lot.

*Please remember this young man and his family in your prayers as well! His death is sad but he has helped so many others. His other kidney went to another child here in Denver. They are still in surgery at this time.*

Jim

Great news on your daughter. God Speed to a quick and healthy recovery.

I've just caught this thread - what great news for your daughter! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Your family and the donor are in my prayers.

Fraternally

Jers

Glad your daughter is on the mend. And all respect to that donor, whose memory lives on in the noblest possible way.

Long day after a late night. She is doing well. They expect to move her upstairs tomorrow. She's eating jello and drinking clear liquids. Her abdominal ultrasound looked good this morning and her labs show great improvements.

Thanks again for your support in this stressful time

Jim

huffelpuff":hih4mmes said:
Long day after a late night. She is doing well. They expect to move her upstairs tomorrow. She's eating jello and drinking clear liquids. Her abdominal ultrasound looked good this morning and her labs show great improvements.

Jim
GREAT NEWS!

Thanks for the update, and keep them coming.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

They are moving her upstairs today. They've also put her on a regular gluten-free diet. She's so excited! She hasn't eaten things like potatoes,tomatoes, avacados, broccoli, bananas, or oranges in two years. There are lots of food restrictions when you have kidney failure and to have to be gluten-free as well limits your choices to basically rice, corn, lettuce, onion, and limited quantities of meat. All in all I'd say its a great day!

Jim

Very glad to hear it sir, may her full recovery be a swift one :cheers:

huffelpuff":y05wi53p said:

Jim

This is really, really, really fantastic, Huffel.