Vodka

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillon

Reaction score
What are everyone's favorite vodkas? (If anyone here drinks it.) And how do you like it?

I like Stolichnaya. Drinking it now neat. Good, clean, authentic stuff.

:drunken:

I mostly drink Smirnoff--tastes just fine, mixes well, and the price is always right. If it's an occasion for drinking ice-cold shots, I'll splurge on Tito's Handmade Vodka, made down in Texas.

(During Passover, when fermented grain is forbidden, I like Luksusowa potato vodka... it's different from a grain spirit, but very nice.)

I've never had Smirnoff Red, but I've tried the 3x Distilled (Blue label). Just doesn't taste or smell nearly as clean to me as Stoli, in fact a lot worse. I got (what I'm pretty sure is) a 350ml bottle for $10, and Smirnoff blue was $6ish for 200ml. I'd recommend it if you're ever in the mood for changing things up.

I don't drink that much vodka but I have always enjoyed Luksusowa, it is a good one and a great value.

I would go with Grey Goose or Ketel One for sipping, and Smirnoff for mixed drinks.

I like Kettle One or Grey Goose but an interesting vodka for things like vodka tonics is Pearl.

I'd have to go with Belvedere. I like how smooth and buttery it is - my neighbor prefers Grey Goose because he likes the crispness.

Grey Goose for sipping.

For a good price, however, you can't beat Pinnacle. Great for parties, spiking the punch bowl, or just general mixing.

Pinnacle is great for mixing
We (the wife and I) also like Svedka

Just picked up a Polish vodka I had never heard of-Sobieski. Made with rye I believe. Very nice stuff. I also like Svedka, but like this better. earl

For me it's vodka made from potatoes in Russia or Poland - none of that french wheat for me :)

Doc Manhattan":abddtrz1 said:
I mostly drink Smirnoff--tastes just fine, mixes well, and the price is always right. If it's an occasion for drinking ice-cold shots, I'll splurge on Tito's Handmade Vodka, made down in Texas.

(During Passover, when fermented grain is forbidden, I like Luksusowa potato vodka... it's different from a grain spirit, but very nice.)
Ever try Boru???? IRISH POTATO VODKA!!!!!! IRISH REPRESENT!!!!!

earl":dopy7s3g said:
Just picked up a Polish vodka I had never heard of-Sobieski. Made with rye I believe. Very nice stuff. I also like Svedka, but like this better. earl
Sobieski is made by Belvedere. Probably the best off brand money can buy.

I've never been a great fan of vodka. However, a former student brought me a bottle of Zubrowka. It is flavored with bison grass (whatever that is--a grass that is a favorite of European bison). It is quite tasty.

I was really impressed with Fris. And at only $12 a fifth, even more impressive.

Kirkland Signature... some claim it is the same as Gray Goose. It's not but comes from the same community in France, a different distillary. However, it is pretty darn close.

I know the manager of the local Costco Liquor store. They say you wouldn't believe how much of Kirkland Vodka they sell.

There are "runs" on it, much like runs on "S&G" when the shelves are empty.

It is smooth for sure.

The wife and I just finished up a large (1.75l) of Vessica Potato vodka. This was my first dance with potato vodka and I can honestly say that it made a believer out of me. I like to mix it 1:2 with cranberry, very clean taste and I love the mouth feel. I recommend it, paid $25 for the large bottle, which is a steal if you ask me. Vodka is defined as having no distinct taste or odor, so spending $50+ on a bottle of "top shelf" just doesn't make much sense to me, then again to each his own (I do love Chopin)

Stolichnaya from Russia ain't bad. Has nothing to do with what is imported to the US. I was surprised because Vodka over there is way smoother than anything we get on this continent. Makes sense because they drink tons of the stuff, lol.