Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - great deer! I am going deer hunting for the first time in 25 years next week and I am going to use this photo as my goal!

Bob

Carlos":90a05z08 said:
Since Cathy doesn't want a deer head looking at her upstairs, there is only room to hang one down here currently. So the little 8 pointer sits on the shelf.

The 16 pointer was, at the time in 1981, the 22nd largest typical whitetail taken with a bow in the world. He's far down the Pope & Young list now. He scored 174 1/8 Prior to deductions he was 185 7/8 inches. You could hold the rack inside of Mel Johnston's record typical whitetail.

16_poi10.jpg
[/url][/img]

Great Caves guys!! I thought mine was cool till I saw some of y'alls! Mine may get a make-over this summer!

100_0744.jpg

100_0746.jpg

Who is y'alls ,,,I haven't seen his man cave,,,

All kidding aside, you've got a great spot, lots of hanging history and a nice comfortable chair,,,good place to enjoy that churchwarden during the games.

Love the cave, Tommy!

But how'd a Mets fan wind up in OK?

(I keep all my Mets paraphernalia outside of my smoking room... I don't want anything that adds stress in there.)

Thanks guys, it’s just an extra bedroom my wife gave me. I put in a really nice exhaust system to keep her smiling, and moved in lock stock and barrel.

Doc,….I was 13 years old, living in Seaford in 1966 when my dad came home and said; “Pack up kids, we’re moving to Oklahoma!” The next day I had to ask one of my teachers; “What’s an Oklahoma?”

Growing up a Mets/Jets fan from Hempstead, I took a lot of abuse from the kids here,…..that is until about three years later. Then it wasn’t so damned funny anymore! :cheers:

mark":gpkkkqh2 said:
Who is y'alls ,,,I haven't seen his man cave,,,

All kidding aside, you've got a great spot, lots of hanging history and a nice comfortable chair,,,good place to enjoy that churchwarden during the games.
Good eyes, Mark!

Man do I wish I had a man cave! It's all I've been talking about with my wife. I actually had a plan to build a 10x10 shed this spring but she killed that idea! If any of you gents have an Idea how I can move my smoking from the porch or back deck to a man cave PLEASE help. :).

I'm jealous of you out there with your own quiet space. Very jealous indeed!

Martin

MartinH":pi9s89nu said:
Man do I wish I had a man cave! It's all I've been talking about with my wife. I actually had a plan to build a 10x10 shed this spring but she killed that idea! If any of you gents have an Idea how I can move my smoking from the porch or back deck to a man cave PLEASE help. :).

I'm jealous of you out there with your own quiet space. Very jealous indeed!

Martin
Don't feel bad, I share my man cave with the washer and dryer,so it is more like a man corner(funny thing is thats where I spent alot of my childhood :lol: Maybe Wed. I can get some pics and post them anyway,I have been meaning to get pics of many things anyway.

MartinH":w5zl55ew said:
Man do I wish I had a man cave! I actually had a plan to build a 10x10 shed this spring but she killed that idea!
Martin
Why would she do that?

Obelus":v39mx6am said:
Just a more or less old fashioned den. I keep the tobacco I'm smoking in the stand below my pipe cabinet. The rest is cellared in the very unphotogenic basement, in an old kenmore fridge that I rigged to keep the temp constant aright around 57 degrees.
den10.jpg
cabine10.jpg
Is that a custom made pipe cabinet? It's one of the nicest I've ever seen!

hobie1dog":do5lxpbx said:
Where's the pipes and baccy?
On my desk , it is just a plastic jar full of baccy and 2 pipes for now so not much to show yet.

Obelus":ipk6osm4 said:
Just a more or less old fashioned den. I keep the tobacco I'm smoking in the stand below my pipe cabinet. The rest is cellared in the very unphotogenic basement, in an old kenmore fridge that I rigged to keep the temp constant aright around 57 degrees.
den10.jpg
I like the Chesterfield sofa. Looks very comfy.

The great thing is I don't have to buy artwork if I ever get a "man cave"! My wife is an artist I will just set a "woman nest" up for her to do her art in. The rest I can most likely do.

Martin, do you have an extra room in the house by chance? Maybe if you set her up a womans nest she will let you get a Man cave. Right now there is alot of stress with your child and so on and she is probably on the concerned side of finances ,raising a child ect. For her to have a place to get away to while you handle some of the house/parenting duties would be a Godsend to her.

Obelus":sd6pf85z said:
den10.jpg
cabine10.jpg
I see my new Mario Grandi on the bottom shelf of that cabinet.

She's in good hands now.