Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles I notice some figurines on the top shelf on the right hand side. Dock, posted a picture of a figurine but it no longer is showing on his original post.

Perhaps, Dock could answer this... is this a similar figurine that you recently purchased?

:D Paul

Carlos, I know exact;y how you feel LOL. They sure are a lot neater than I am thats for sure. I have an attempt at organised confusion and I loose LMAO :cyclops: :tongue: :sunny:

Slow Puffs":9xtb7wwy said:
Charles I notice some figurines on the top shelf on the right hand side. Dock, posted a picture of a figurine but it no longer is showing on his original post.

Perhaps, Dock could answer this... is this a similar figurine that you recently purchased?

:D Paul
Paul,

I think the figure in Paul's den is a liquor bottle of some sort. The pic I posted was of a Thomas Radford Tobacco store display. I posted an e-bay link to it but the seller must have deleted the pics of it... I'll take some of it and post them shortly...
Dock
:pipe:

Charles Spencer":2yc1p9fr said:
Hey, it worked. I'll try another:
case_110.jpg
Thanks for posting these Charles! That oak case is absolutely amazing!!!!!

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

The three figures on top of the bookcase are an Irish Mist whiskey container (good eye, Dock), a statue of St. Joseph, and an Indonesian puppet that I bought in Amsterdam in the early 1980s.

Charles

Dock,

You have developed a combination museum and B&M :shock: ... pretty nifty all the way around.

C'mon guys! Some of you newbies here have yet to post a pic or two of where you enjoy smoking your pipes! Let's breathe a little life into this dormant thread!

OK; you asked for it! Here're a few pix of The Hermitage (apologies to Andrew Jackson) that don't necessarily highlight the pipes, but they're there!

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

My house came with a bar & I added the brass dance poles, the short one on the bar is Juggy sized :)

Idlefellow":cqus8n1f said:
OK; you asked for it! Here're a few pix of The Hermitage (apologies to Andrew Jackson) that don't necessarily highlight the pipes, but they're there!

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg
I absolutely love your den! It looks like a great place to read a book. That airplane wallpaper is the flyest! :cheers:

Thanks Dock! It's a little busy, I know. The airplane paper is left over from my son; when he moved to the basement years ago I inherited it. I was always gonna change it, but now I'd have to take down all the stuff... :x

You just leave that fine, manly airplane wallpaper where it is!!! Gives the place a classy, sophisticated look!! :cheers: FTRPLT

I love it idlefellow! I think it looks great :D What a great hideaway from the rat race.

Nice abode you have there Dock. Parts of your 'den' resembles something out of the Victorian era. If only you were to see some of the really, really old pubs in London. They'd make your mouth would water as if time has literally stood still.

As for smoking in pubs, well... that's a tricky one. Legislation is one thing, but there'll always be those that see a loophole in the laws and turn their pub into non other than a "Smoking Club" with proper membership and the like.

The German legislation is a complete farce, especially downstairs in Bavaria where the politicians have 'relaxed' the anti-smoking laws to such an extent, it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Just you keep enjoying you bowlfuls as you slumber in your surroundings and have a puff on me, too..!

Sincere regards,

V_B