Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have some sweet spaces. I'd like to see a special on HGTV about them LOL. I'll post some pics later on but these put mine to shame!!

Given that neither I nor anyone else is allowed to smoke inside the boat, my smoking activity is confined to the covered aft deck. As the weather is hardly ever extreme around here this is no hardship. Here is a shot taken during this past summer's Alaska Piper's Cruise.

Today's thread looking for pics of your smoking chair inspired me to finally complete my man cave. My wife has 'graciously allowed' me to carve out a space in our garage (a converted barn, and yes, that is a sewage line in the middle) for my man cave. The best part of my cave is the chair on the left. That chair was originally my fathers and I remember seeing him in it ever since I was probably 8 years old. Several years ago he gave it to my brother, who, recently then gave it to me. It is incredibly beat up but still darn comfy! I was able to run a cable line from my house to my cave and I plan on spending many a hour watching ball games while smoking my pipe.

:cheers:
SWS

That chair on the left has been a big seller through the years. Kind of the economy model and predecessor to the Stressless chair of today.
reno_Limage3.jpg

alaskansong":b8m6oxtf said:
Given that neither I nor anyone else is allowed to smoke inside the boat, my smoking activity is confined to the covered aft deck. As the weather is hardly ever extreme around here this is no hardship. Here is a shot taken during this past summer's Alaska Piper's Cruise.

I can think of no finer setting to enjoy good friends, good scotch, and good smokes! I am envious!!!! BTW, gonna be, well plan to anyway, in Anchorage next June-July (2011)! It will be my second trip (2003 was my first) - cannot wait! I'm not sure where you are moored and how far that is from Anchorage but it would be nice to join you for a smoke! You live in one heck of a state, my friend. My first trip to Alaska was nothing short of an emotional experience. The thought of life travesring the beautiful waters of Alaska on a wonderful vessel such as yours is heaven on earth.

Happy Smokes!

Lou

Wow. Top of the last page in this thread is still from May 2009. :affraid: We need to get busy here.
Of course I have no pics to offer up myself ... yet. As soon as I have some time I need to get to working on my backyard shack. Winter is coming and I don't smoke in the house. I sit on the front porch mostly. Not a big deal when you're sucking down a quick cig in 5 minutes or less but THIS winter I'm gonna need somewhere to sit and burn a bowl, right? It is 10' x 10' already insulated & electrified with a window AC unit. Just need to remove the junk in there, clean it up and add a space heater, radio and such. I could sit back there with a laptop and check the forums and smoke and jam.

Let's talk about Laphroaig, Lagavulin, and the Islay malts.
I'm just getting into Scotch, but I got a bottle of Laphroaig as a wedding gift. I am looking forward to a special occasion to pop her open.
What am I getting into?

Not so much a man cave, as a man cavern within a unisex cave system. Or just my smoking chair. The cellar is in that trunk under the TV. It's always fun when a visitor asks what's in it.

5227628030_bb2911548f_b.jpg

On the other side of the room lies my little rack.

5227032887_0561852f4b_b.jpg

And my "workshop" aka a tiny girly desk that is nowhere near an electrical outlet so basically serves as a work bench.

5227628574_27a5359761_b.jpg

I would have cleaned up but I find photos more interesting when people don't clean. Also, cleaning wouldn't be manly. :D

It's actually just a squier. I put in a switch which runs the bridge pickup with whatever else is selected, so basically used with the neck in humbucking mode. The other switch which was broken off was an out of phase switch, which I didn't really like anyway. I did a little work on the headstock with a jigsaw, and did the neck in black and sanded down/stained the body. It plays pretty OK, I've been meaning to put a set of better pickups in it and rewire everything but haven't gotten around to it yet. Also needs a fret job at some point.

Here's a better picture:

4864331916_da0e0dcdd5_b.jpg

Very nice! I like what you did with the headstock. I've been meaning to do the David Gilmour mod on my Strat, so I was curious about the extra switches on yours. Thanks for the photo!

Jack- I really like the corner pipe rack; never seen one like it! Thanks for posting up the pics. Side note: that sure is a
sharp looking Donegal 80s!

Thanks Chris!

Yeah that 80s is a beaut Erich! ;)

If you are interested in a rack like that, check out twocousinspiperacks.com. Really nice stuff!

Jack Straw":rx2rdgho said:
Thanks Chris!

Yeah that 80s is a beaut Erich! ;)

If you are interested in a rack like that, check out twocousinspiperacks.com. Really nice stuff!
I'll second that they have probably the nicest racks I have ever seen, most of them are really unique.

This is where I spend most of my time. I can smoke anywhere in the house but this is where I like to kick back.

I can see why nate... Looks like the perfect place to enjoy a pipe.