Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome renovation! The idea of a beer line from the basement is pretty cool. Are you siphoning beer from storage? ;)

Hand dug a trench about 30". Run to house was about 100'. beer line was 137'
Ran 2 pairs of Cat5, and RG8 (or whatever cable line is)
6AWE wire for a 40 amp circuit

Then I took some irrigation tube and ran a water and beer line in that. the water line is hot, so if the beer ever freezes I can turn the hot water on and thaw it out.

Inside, the beer line runs over a slop sink. There I can hook it up to the water supply and blast is clean, otherwise it runs to my cellar.

I generally serve Guinness, so ground temp is nice. I also only really run it for parties to keep people out of my basement.

Sheds about 12x18

Tapper.jpg

stemandbriar":6v3npw05 said:

Then I took some irrigation tube and ran a water and beer line in that. the water line is hot, so if the beer ever freezes I can turn the hot water on and thaw it out.

Inside, the beer line runs over a slop sink. There I can hook it up to the water supply and blast is clean, otherwise it runs to my cellar.

I generally serve Guinness, so ground temp is nice. I also only really run it for parties to keep people out of my basement.

Sheds about 12x18
This entire setup is incredible! Guinness is my favorite!

Very very nice work!

Cheers!

Well, Here's what we got so far, its not much but its mine. The electrical is in and its insulated now, although the photo is before that was done, all I need to do is put flooring and paneling in and it'll be set to move in. It'll be my man-cave/shop. A place I'll be able to restore my antique electric fans, phones, radios, and pipes. Hopefully this Spring she'll be up and running so I can most my time there.
MyShop.jpg

stemandbriar":9xh3lw7h said:

Sheds about 12x18

Nice party place, and good for smoking too. :D

Kyle Weiss":coepqvly said:
Cart, that's awesome!!! The sittin' porch is a great touch!
Yes sir Kyle, I've already got a rocker for the porch and thinkin maybe of little wood-stove to put next to it.
A place I can really relax and have a pipe full and keep my coffee hot. Ah, now that's heaven friend. Cause it over looks the pasture and trees.

Cartaphilus":wnmoidlz said:
Yes sir Kyle, I've already got a rocker for the porch and thinkin maybe of little wood-stove to put next to it.
A place I can really relax and have a pipe full and keep my coffee hot. Ah, now that's heaven friend. Cause it over looks the pasture and trees.
Color me jealous: I can see some thought went into that one. Until I get a bit more space, I have to be kind of a vagabond with my sitting and piping. Which has its own rewards, but nothing I "own."

Thank you sir, I just hope I can get'er done soon so I can finally enjoy it.
I've been throwing money at it so long I'm beginning to feel it'll never get done.

A view of the ManCave from behind the drum kit:

l.jpg

From the Control Room:

l.jpg

Sorry, no smoking allowed in there...

Here is where I do most of my winter smoking:

l.jpg

Home Base. Simple but effective:

l.jpg

l.jpg

My daughter insists on putting her 'Bubble pipe' in the Cob Rack on the wall :lol:

Love the Moog, Lazarus. I had a friend who's older brother went to college in the late 70's to learn the synthesizers of the day. He wound up with a degree in electrical engineering because it was easier. Also, I appreciate your handle. Tanstaafl!

Thanks George,

I love the Moog too! I have two of them right now, they are a ton of fun. I have a friend that builds Synthesizer Modules in the old Moog format, it is funny how so many people couldn't program the darn things back in the day. My method with those big modular installations is just to keep tweaking the knobs, you're gonna get something cool, maybe not what you planned, but something cool none the less.

I need to get over there and have a bowl soon! and jam some tunes.

is that a mark 3 I see in the corner???

Sir, The Boogie is ON.

You should come as soon as tomorrow to have a fill of your favourite blend, a match of chess, and a Jam or three.

P.S. I see you have constructed a new PedalBoard, I am intrigued.
P.P.S. Happy Age-Day!