Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize I haven't been around here for awhile but, it's because I've been plenty busy with an illness so to speak in the family and just haven't had anytime for me or my pipes and I'm afraid it will continue to be that way for a bit longer. But, I have been able to get 95% of my shop done and have learned the meaning of "putting 10 pounds of horse manure in a 5 pound bag".
Here are some photos of the inside of my shop now. I did just recently put a screen door on and an A/C unit in the wall that is not in these photos. Ya reckon I can get anything done in here? BTW, it's 7 1/2 ft. by 11 1/2 ft. inside with a small attic above the porch, talk about snug and cozy.

DSC00666.jpg
DSC00665.jpg
DSC00664.jpg
DSC00663.jpg
DSC00662.jpg
DSC00661.jpg

Thank you, would you believe I have to put in here?

Here's where I'm allowed to smoke: The first two are of my office downstairs (I've got rid of the fish tank, thankfully) and the third is of my smoking den upstairs, where I have music and tv too.

08072009152-1.jpg

08072009153-1.jpg

03062009033.jpg

I haven't and I won't create my own place like the one shown in the link. But there are some things that strike a chord so deep that just have to be shared.

When I was a kid in my teens my buddy and I used to climb up into the Douglas Firs on our property about a hundred feet and sit on the limbs and let the wind blow us around. It really is a whole different world up there. So the project shown in the link resonates with me.

MY man cave is about half done...an 8 X 8 platform roofed with polycarbonate roofing and walled on only one side. The other 3 walls are done with blinds and tarps as they change with the seasons. Very open air. But the one below speaks for itself. Special.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/newsletters/Woodworking/7/2/article1.htm

Blackhorse, that is pretty cool. I would love to spend a night there.

My piping place

My piping place

The view

The view

My new house

My other piping place is Boswell's of course.

Bluecrab, you've got a beautiful house, beautiful piping place, and a stunning view. Good work creating a little piece of heaven.

Kim

My Den. It started out as a front porch. Then we decide to screen it in. Then windows and paneling seemed like a better way to go and .....here we are.

den003-1.jpg

den001.jpg

Regards,
Jim

Kashmir, your den looks super comfortable and I especially appreciate the bug pictures! :D Not to mention that beautiful pipe collection. Damn, some day, some day...

In deference to my books i have my study and smoking place separately

My study/brew store/ craft area etc - 2.5K books and counting (doesn't count my fiction! Another 6 shelves)
study1_zpsef06e828.jpg

Computer desk - now too crowded even for my laptop!
study2_zpsf9fa976b.jpg

One of the smallest book shelves - philosophy, herbcraft/medicine, religions and spirituality here.

The photos couldn't do justice to my book shelves - couldn't get far enough back to get them in shot.
They are floor to ceiling on most walls.
My little corner in the workshop, some pipes, tobacco, home brew spirits (legal here in NZ)
mancave_zpsabdc6062.jpg

ragged claws":x8a2lcg6 said:
Bluecrab, you've got a beautiful house, beautiful piping place, and a stunning view. Good work creating a little piece of heaven.

Kim
What a wonderful Victorian Blue Crab! I think that I remember driving past that one! My buddy build a Victorian style home over on Dam #4 Road, a labor of love (he has 38 porch posts, each painted seven different colors!).

We'll have to get together for a smoke in '13

undertaker1978":yizxd5c3 said:
My Den. It started out as a front porch. Then we decide to screen it in. Then windows and paneling seemed like a better way to go and .....here we are.

den003-1.jpg

den001.jpg

Regards,
Jim
Jim: I have the same Sherlock Holmes pipe cabinet as you! Your place looks very inviting!

We currently live in a condo so I don't have room for a true den. I make do with this table and the leather club chair alongside it.

I know its not a "cave" but I have clocked in enough time on this flat to call it my "seasonal man cave"