We built a house!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are not too many better feelings than moving into a new home - savor the experience, it sounds like you earned it!

Stunning, no other word for it Nathan, what a spectacular accomplishment, very very impressed, enjoy your new home and fill it with much love and happiness. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice!  Most people don't think about customizing their kitchens for height.  We left the counters at standard height.  But I suggested an island.  We looked at some examples and decided we could make it work.  When the cabinet fellow came to do final measuring, I asked about lowering the height of the island for Cathy.  He said not a problem.  Make it vanity height.  There was plenty of material in the design to do so.  It's Cathy's major workspace.  We had our electrician add power outlets and Cathy has her Kitchenaid stand mixer on there.   People don't notice at first that it's lower than the cabinets.  Once they do, women usually love the idea.

That's a very beautiful house you have there! Congratulations!

Carlos":n4eebahx said:
Nice!  Most people don't think about customizing their kitchens for height.  We left the counters at standard height.  But I suggested an island.  We looked at some examples and decided we could make it work.  When the cabinet fellow came to do final measuring, I asked about lowering the height of the island for Cathy.  He said not a problem.  Make it vanity height.  There was plenty of material in the design to do so.  It's Cathy's major workspace.  We had our electrician add power outlets and Cathy has her Kitchenaid stand mixer on there.   People don't notice at first that it's lower than the cabinets.  Once they do, women usually love the idea.
Nobody notices ours are 3" taller than normal, but mostly because my family are all very much taller than average (my brothers and I are all 6'6" give or take, my wife is 5'9", even my kids are tall for their ages).

It's nice I won't have to bend over to get something off the countertop. :D

Congratulations! Great Looking House! We build our home in '07 it was a stressful time but we ended up with as close to our dream home as we could afford. There's rarely a day I don't look around and think I love my (pipe friendly) house. :shock:

Looks fantastic, you guys did a great job sure the kids will love having the space to run around in. Congrats brother! :cheers:

Fantastic home. May your family experience a lifetime of pleasure in your new abode.
Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos. I see you grow 'em tall in OH. LOL
I'd need a step stool just to reach the top cabinets. :cheers: