Welcome to the World / Contest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
He's here, 8 lbs 1/2 oz of trouble with an innocent face, goes by the name of Henry. He and Mom are doing just fine.

I wish I could hand out cigars to everyone, but the postage alone would bankrupt me. So, how about a little celebratory contest instead?

The goal of the contest is simple: Guess my new son's middle name.

Here's the few rules--so simple a newborn could handle them.

1. I'll give a clue every so often until a correct guess is posted.

2. One guess per user, per clue.

3. Winner gets a tin of their favorite type of blend from my library o' tobacco.

(You might have to wait a few days for me to find a spare minute to mail it, but you'll get it!)

Good luck, Brothers... wish me the same.

Here's the first clue: It's a British name.

Adam is my guess...but never mind the contest...Congratulations , glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy.

My son is also named Henry. He's in my avatar and named after my grandad. That's a good strong name. It's a shame more people don't give their kids a name with some meaning. My brother and his wife are trying and they're leading the contest to see who can come up with the most screwed up name for a kid. Congratulations on your new buddy!

...you know, "Sherlock" will likely get him in trouble around grade two...

Congrats to all. Watson would be a wonderful middle name, and pipe related.

Great guesses all, gents--some of yours were on our list but didn't quite fit. And thanks for the warm wishes. But no right answers yet, so here's another clue!

Clue #2: His middle name has an odd number of syllables.

How about Ian ?

Rodney

My first Grandson is named Henry also with Martin being his middle name after his Dad, me and a host of other Grandfathers.