What’s the difference if any?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes , the first one with paper label is from orlik. the one at the bottom was from petersen and older than the first one. both of them made in denmark.  however , none of them are from cope's who where made in england.  i recall and quote someone who said : "denmark , the place where englisn blends go to die"

They may not be made in England but they both appear to be old enough to be really nice smokes. Crack one open and enjoy

Jim

Huffelpuff, I’m seriously thinking about trying that. I’m tying to figure out long is too long to leave in the tin. I really don’t want to let a tin age too long and it starts to go bad(if that’s possible). I noticed a tins I have put back that are starting to bulge on the tops and bottoms Christmas Cheer 2002 and briar Fox are 2 that come to mind. The whole time i was gone from pipe smoking I still purchased tins if I happened to be close to a b&m.

To me, the painted tin from A & C Petersen is a better blend than the Orlik/STG version. But they're in the same neighborhood. The painted tin also goes for a lot more on the resale market.

Eggy, I don't think you have anything to worry about with those tins. I had a can of the original Philip Morris Field and Stream dated 1963. It sat on the shelf at about a 30* angle due to the bulging. The tobacco inside was incredible! Unfortunately for me it also reeked of patchouli! I wasn't able to smoke more than 3 bowls of a 7oz tin. I sent the rest of it on to JimInks and he gave most of it to a friend of his that loved that patchouli funk. Anyway that tin was 42 years old when I cracked it open and it was perfect. I've also smoked OTC burley blends that were over 90 years old when I opened them and They were absolutely amazing as well.

Jim

Those tins are in good shape so long as the seals held like mine have. Open and enjoy them. They each have at least 15 years of age on them.

I remember buying the hell out of the all-metal A & C Petersen tin distributed by Russell. Stayed up many-a-night writing with it. When did Russell stop distributing?