What are you listening to?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":dzi7bu3h said:
...I once recorded this entire concert off the TV on betamax. Sadly I cannot transfer it to DVD...
Huh? But why, RR? It's a fairly simple matter to play back the Betamax through a good analog to digital converter, and then burn the resulting digital file to DVD.

I specify "good" because you don't want an el cheapo that drops frames and lets the video get ahead of the audio. You see that stupid crap on YouTube all the time. I try not to hate; it's toxic to the soul. But I admit that I hate cheap converters.

newjok10.png

Vito":pdlz6a7e said:
Brewdude":pdlz6a7e said:
...I once recorded this entire concert off the TV on betamax. Sadly I cannot transfer it to DVD...
Huh? But why, RR? It's a fairly simple matter to play back the Betamax through a good analog to digital converter, and then burn the resulting digital file to DVD.

I specify "good" because you don't want an el cheapo that drops frames and lets the video get ahead of the audio. You see that stupid crap on YouTube all the time. I try not to hate; it's toxic to the soul. But I admit that I hate cheap converters.

newjok10.png
Yes of course Veet, but sadly I don't own my Betamax machine anymore. Nor do I have a converter.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":j52crct9 said:
...Yes of course Veet, but sadly I don't own my Betamax machine anymore. Nor do I have a converter.
Ah...that would make it difficult.

PM sent. :mrgreen:

newjok10.png

Recently was turned on to Bruce Cockburn by our own Wizard. Can't understand why I never knew of him until recently, as his music is much to my tastes. Great stuff!

8)

Cheers,

RR

WOW, thanks Brewdude
It's been years since I've had the pleasure of listening to Bruce Cockburn ( use Vasoline...lol ) funny, that's how I remembered him from way back in the late 60's thru the 70's.
Now listening to Bruce Cockburn on Spotify Premium. Some good ole folk songs, what a guitarist.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I like some of Mr. Cockburn's (he pronounces it "Co•burn") music, but his political preachiness turns me off.

It's bad enough when performers (especially actors) feel they have a sacred mission to pass themselves off as social justice experts when they're out of the studio or off camera, but when they drag their politics into their art, I'm gone. I get enough of that mental garbage thrown at me already. I'm certainly not going to seek it out and provide a market for it.

newjok10.png

Vito, I'm well aware the proper annunciation is co-burn. But in high school it was pronounced a bit different. A good friend from the past, his last name was Woodcock, there is only one way to pronounce that name. Boy, was he the brunt of some bad jokes.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

From my earlier days living in Europe I became quite fond of bagpipes.
This particular band I'm listening to has a long history being one of the best.... now listening to ScottishPower Pipe Band.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Brewdude":sfpu04l5 said:
The second disc of the Who's "Tommy 25th Anniversary" live performance back in the 80's. This is the one where the Tommy score was performed with guest artists to include Billy Idol, Elton John, Phil Collins, Patty LaBelle, and Steve Winwood. Epic show, very well done and mixed, everyone at their peak IMO. And of course by then Moonie had passed, but Simon Phillips on drums is no slouch!

OK, so this disc is the second part of the concert where the Who strut their stuff with all the material that helped make them the force they are. Incredible live performance and energy.

I once recorded this entire concert off the TV on betamax. Sadly I cannot transfer it to DVD. I did get in the DVD of the Tommy part of the show, but it doesn't contain the second half of the show, which is equally as impressive!  But at least I have the CD.

Cheers,

RR
Hate quoting my own post, but my brewer has come through for me on this. He happened to have the entire concert on DVD so he's burning me a dub of the second half of it. This is all the material they performed after the Tommy segment.

Interestingly, the entire second set isn't included on the filmed version. Only about 6 tunes, where the CD version is at least double that. And there's not a dog in the entire set so I don't get that. :scratch:

At least now I'll have all the material, either on CD and/or DVD. Kewl!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Just got turned onto this fantastic Hard Rockin' group-

31rpBKoKE0L._AC_US218_.jpg

515q9+QbmwL._AC_US218_.jpg

Ya, I'm 20-something years late to the party. But jeezuz, they rock my world! Check 'em out.

There's plenty of tube vids on them, iffen you're innerested!

Cheers,

RR

Old and in the way: Live from the boarding house.

Great live sets of folk, gospel, country and some other old stuff. (New riders of the purple sage etc)

Worth checking out if you're into such things.

The Moody Blues, " Legend of the Band " Greatest Hits

Had the pleasure of seeing this great band preform live twice, once while living in Europe and the other time while living on Long Island. Outstanding performance at The Jones Beach Amphitheater :cheers::cheers::cheers:
May " Rock n Roll " live on FOREVER!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2X2bbusaOzI" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

The Doors Expanded Edition Remastered

Yup, still enjoy Rock n Roll and have MANY groups I've followed and listen to often. Without a doubt THE DOORS are my favorite Rock Band :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The list goes on:
MOST IMPORTANTLY my friend Harry Chapin . All the best to you Sandy, Mr. Forster's music still lives!!
Rolling Stones
Queen
Moody Blues
Chicago
Boston
ELO
Jethro Tull
Steely Dan
Jay & The Americans
THE BOSS Bruce Springsteen
Jefferson Airplane

Oh, there is many more.... :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Playlist consisting of:

Soundtracks from Halo - Halo 4 (video games)
Soundtrack from Mass Effect (video game)
Soundtrack from Westworld
Soundtrack from The Expanse
Soundtrack from Journey (video game)