What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, and the continuing re-reads of the Sherlock Holmes stories. "The Five Orange Pips" is up next, I believe.

Currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. My wife gifted me an ereader at Christmas and it came with 100 classics on it. Looking forward to uploading some of my favorite authors like Michael Connely, John Sanford, Jonathan Kellerman, etc.

Feeling ambitious, gonna give The Quincunx, by Charles Palliser a second read. If you love Dickens, this one is for you. If you only like Dickens, I'd still give it a go.

Just finished R. L. Dabney's Lectures on Sacred Rhetoric, and the wife and I are reading Moby Dick together.

Tom Clancy's "Dead or Alive", Glen Beck's "The Overton Window", Louis Begley's "About Schmidt".

Finished a quick read, "The Alchemist"--a bit sophomoric for my liking. I picked it up a couple years back and forgot about it (in the back seat of my car). It was a best-seller in its day, although I can't imagine why.

I'm enjoying the new Bogart biography, "Tough Without a Gun". Very well written and engaging!

Picked up a complete collection (or at least I was told it was complete) of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series at a garage sale today. I read a couple of them years ago and enjoyed them thoroughly, so I think I'll read them all in order.

Just finished Dan Browns "The Lost Symbol".
Engaging, thought provoking and simply fun.

Just picked up George R.R. Martin first three novels in his "song of fire and ice" series Game of Thrones is being started right now.

Just finished the trilogy by Stieg Larsson. "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest", and "The Girl Who Played With Fire" (the Millennium Series).

Reading "Odd Thomas" by Koontz now.

Just finished "Mistress of the Art of Death" and am now reading the next in the series, "The Serpent's Tale."

I have now, for the fourth time, picked back up "Off to the Side: A Memoir" by Jim Harrison.
I also only have three or four chapters left on Russell Chatham's "Dark Waters" ... if I could only remember where I put it.

I did recently finish "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain ... I bought this book because I'd always suspected that I disliked Bourdain's writing style, but it turns out that the book was really entertaining. So it would seem that I really just like his verbal delivery less then his writing. (I have a love-hate relationship with No Reservations ... lol)

Just finished "The Great Plague" by A. Lloyd Moote and Dorothy C. Moote, a historical account about the bubonic plague around London in 1665.

Wife and I both got Kindles for our anniversary so I have been switching back and forth between a lot of different reads. Finished Tom Sawyer, hadn't read that since my teen years. Before that was Hitchhiker's Guide for same reason. Current fiction is Containment by Chris Cantrell, was recommended on eReader forums from Amazon's low-cost list for May. Plus I am parallel reading about 3 different Objective-C and Cocoa programming guides.

My wife recently introduced me to the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly. Good detective stories. I believe he has written 14 books so far. I finished "The Black Echo" last week and I've almost finished with "The Black Ice".

Status
Not open for further replies.