What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cataclysm: The First World War as Political Tragedy.

Hardcore enthusiast reading, focusing on stuff ignored in popular histories like production figures, inter-ally and inter-service rivalry and political and bureaucratic infighting within the different governments. Dry but very educational, even for a know-it-all history buff.

The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.

I always wanted to read it since I saw the movie a couple of years ago.

The Postman by David Brin.

I've joined a local book club, and it's this month's reading. I'm excited because they read some pretty fun and exciting books.

Irene Adler":aymkysec said:

I've joined a local book club, and it's this month's reading. I'm excited because they read some pretty fun and exciting books.

Well of course.
Ya had to find a book with "Post" in the title. :roll:

Hermit":8mty2zxd said:
Irene Adler":8mty2zxd said:

Well of course.
Ya had to find a book with "Post" in the title. :roll:
AHAHAHAHA I didn't even think of that. :cheers: I win!

But no, I really am reading it. It's pretty good so far.

The Shadow Rising - Robert Jordan (An avid pipe-man in his day)

I really got hooked by Margaret Atwoods The Handmaid’s Tale. So after having finished it, I almost immediately started with Oryx and Crake by the same author. I picked this one because I’m particularly fond of utopian novels.
Now, I wonder why it took me so long to begin exploring the works of this brilliant author.

Reading two right now, actually:

Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
Guests of the Ayatollah by Mark Bowden

just finished (again) The Complete Hammer's Slammer VOL 1 - David Drake

Now
Fathered By God - John Eldredge

Utopia by St. Sir Thomas More, just love all the titles in his name, also have been meaning to read it for a while.

Just finished the last book of Steig Larssen's trilogy. "the girl who kicked the hornets nest" Lisbeth Salander is the most interesting character I've read about in a long time. Great novels and highly recommended. Don't know if there is a thread on this elsewhere.
Just picked up a copy of Mill River Smoke by Marc Dionne. A must read for any pipe enthusiast. Fine collection of short stories set in new england which all include pipes and tobacco. Fantastic little tome
Doc

I made a huge dent in James Rollins´ Amazonia on the tour bus this week. Not great literature but very entertaining.

Gentlemen,

Has anyone reviewed or read Schnitzer's book titled "Leaves From a Tobacco Man's Log"? A couple of Brothers recommend this book, and I've seen it referred to as a great read by, I think, Gary Schrier in his book Confessions of a Pipeman.

The reason I ask is the cheapest copy on abebooks is $225.00, the cost of a very nice pipe! "Leaves" sounds like a very key book, but please let me know if you enjoyed and might know where a cheaper copy can be purchased.

Happy smoking,
Regulus

L.A Noir A very entertaining look at the close relationship between the LAPD and the city's most notorious crime bosses, from the 30's to the 60's. This town is crooked, sleazy and an illusion of grand proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.