What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Canti del caos" by Antonio Moresco, probably one of the two or three greatest living italian writers.

I'm going to go spiritual on you guys...

SL_TWM.jpg

Sign Language: A Look at the Historic and Prophetic Landscape of America

(technically I just finished reading it)

"Simple Foods" by The great James Beard. Fascinating book that is essentially a collection of food and cooking essays that he wrote for the American Airlines in-flight magazine American Way.

I just finished "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham and now I am starting "The Partner" by Grisham.

James Blish and his Cities in Flight trilogy. On a Kobe e-reader.

beetlejazz":wwfj29k2 said:
Fight'n Hampsters":wwfj29k2 said:
infinite jest by david foster wallace
I've heard a lot of good about this one. Would you recommend it?
Yeah, it was really good. I just finished it. I will warn you that it takes some work, but I would say it was worth it. If you do decide to tackle it, make sure you read the endnotes as you go along.

The book I just started as my 'car book' (to read in the car as I finish off a bowl): The Noir Forties

A look at American culture, from VJ Day through the start of the Korean War. Looks v good so far (just one chapter in)

"Tales of Terror and Mystery" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. 13 very interesting short stories.

Just finished A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh and started The Last Policeman by Ben Winters.

Currently enjoying volume 3 of 4 in the Emperor Series about Julius Caesar "The Field Of Swords" by Conn Iggulden.

Status
Not open for further replies.