What are you smokin'?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving on from the pipe to a cigar to finish the evening off. Churchill Gurkha spec ops. Gonna be a good 2-3 hour slow smoke.

Yet again, C&D Burley Flake #4 opens my smoking day, in a MM cob.

I am becoming, slowly, a burley convert.

oops...is this the cigar thread? Sorry.

Now I want my favorite Punch Gran Puro Rancho...

Your friends excuse errors man. Enjoying some Penzance in my BIG Oom Paul. Waiting on the postman Ari. Thanks bud.

H. Upmann Cabinet Seleccion. This is the first one I've tried. So far it's a great morning smoke.

Smoked an Oliva V Melanio churchill yesterday. 2 hours of cigar bliss and the most woody cigar I've ever smoked; but what impressed me was the  quality aged Nicaraguan tobacco. I think I prefer Cuban tobacco, but with so little exposure to it and so much to Nicaraguan, I can be well-satisfied with the latter.

Also had a Don Pepin Blue Robusto. Do I love that cigar! Vivid chocolate overtones, dark, rich. Not cheap but a good deal cheaper than a '26 Padron, another favorite.

These cigars reminded me of how much I love cigars, but the price is always a deterrent. Don't try to persuade me to smoke on the cheap; don't like those $3 cigars. And when you compare the box price of $5 for the DPG, there is little impetus to do so.

Smoking a Rocky Patel Egde with a Sumatra wrapper at the moment.

As a general rule, I'm a fan of all the Rocky Edges, the Candela and the Habano being my favorites so far. (Yes I said Candela. I like the "gumby" cigars from time to time)

The Sumatra wrapped version I'm currently smoking has a nice balanced flavour and an aromatic smoke. Oak, sweetness, and vegetable hints are balanced and the cigar becomes richer as the burn progresses with the sweetness becoming the dominant feature.

So far, I like it.

Damn near ruined my day: Tailgated at the Union game (MLS) and brought the first Mag 46 out of a new shipment to try out. Stupid thing was so plugged I could barely draw enough air through it to get it lit. Threw in the towel after a couple of minutes.

Good cigars cost you good money. Nothing more irritating than to get one that's plugged. Sorry! As I understand it inexpensive cigars are rolled by the inexperienced rollers; a recipe for more plugged cigars; another reason to stay away from them, I think.

24616_10200773994405443_1448494970_n.jpg
The best medium body cigar I have had to date , the My Father line never disapoont's !

Cifuentes Partagas Black Label with a glass of my fiance's delicious fruity tea blend. My favorite full flavored I've had to date.

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro... I was in a foul mood and in no shape to smoke a pipe yesterday.  

Pretty good stick.  I asked the Tinder Box to adjust their humidity in the walk-in humidor a little, it was  tad crispy and a little hot of a smoke.  Apparently their humidifiers are older than dirt and get finicky. It's the desert, though--tough job for 'em.  Meh.  

For a relatively inexpensive cigar, nice Maduro.   I'd go more into detail but I think a moister stogie will be a more honest telling of flavor/performance.

8)