What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM freehand cob and some Sillems green, I havnt ordered off MM for a couple of years I want sooooo many of the new ones it is amazing what they are turning out.
Next week I'm on vacation, and my wife and I are going to take a lunch date in Washington, MO; visit the factory and find somewhere suitably decadent to have lunch. I hope to come out with at least one acquisition.

Next week I'm on vacation, and my wife and I are going to take a lunch date in Washington, MO; visit the factory and find somewhere suitably decadent to have lunch. I hope to come out with at least one acquisition.
You lucky bugger so much history there so jealous. I would love to see any photos of your trip. Only one acquisition hahahaaha good luck with that ;)

Going along with Rangers suggestion for Page M favourites day. The choice of tobacco for me is simple, it will be Hobbit Weed. But as for the pipe, now that's a lot harder, but I think maybe my Grandfather's Edwardian Gourd Calabash with solid silver lid and mount, followed by more of my Grandads and my Dad's pipes, as the day progresses.
Have a fantastic M day my friends.View attachment 10533

Zip, what is the bowl like under that cap, and is the cap removeable? Very cool pipe, whatever...

Zip, what is the bowl like under that cap, and is the cap removeable? Very cool pipe, whatever...
The Bowl is about an inch deep, by approx half inch wide. The silver cap is not designed to be removed. Although with a lot of pressure, I'm sure it could be, so as a more traditional cap could be fitted. But why would you want too.
And it still smokes superbly well....in fact out of over a 100+ pipes in my collection. It is right up in the top 10 of my best smokers.

The Bowl is about an inch deep, by approx half inch wide. The silver cap is not designed to be removed. Although with a lot of pressure, I'm sure it could be, so as a more traditional cap could be fitted. But why would you want too.
And it still smokes superbly well....in fact out of over a 100+ pipes in my collection. It is right up in the top 10 of my best smokers.
So the hole in the silver is the same size as the diameter of the chamber? Is it a meerschaum bowl? I wouldn't want to replace the cap either, just thought maybe it was removable.

You lucky bugger so much history there so jealous. I would love to see any photos of your trip. Only one acquisition hahahaaha good luck with that ;)
Yeah, and I'm just being lazy for not having gone there already. I pass within 20 minutes of the place 4 times a week, driving back and forth to prison the office. The cobs I have, I've ordered from the P&C website, or bought at The Hill Cigars in St Louis. The MM factory has pretty short business hours (like, 10-4, I think), and I was loathe to take a day off work just to go there, or kill a Saturday doing it. I drive a lot for work, and on the weekends I just want to stay local.

But next week it works out well!

Me, I'm jealous of folks who live near The Country Squire, or other such landmarks. We vacationed down there a couple of years ago, but I was not into pipes then :cry:

Wilke Peanut Butter in a Savinelli Miele, this is my favorite blend for breakfast, and Miele sounds like the Italian word for a thousand, though it means honey, and then we're back to peanut butter. I was trying to hit a thousand like everybody else, good job @Ranger107!
20230614_114603.jpg

Done for the day and enjoying Drucquer Casbah in a Pride with a cup of Cozy Chamomile tea.

Good Morning!
Chores are done, brooder is warming up. I'm taking a Pride filled with GLP Kensington and a cup of coffee with me to pick up a batch of chicks at the Post Office.
Wow, didn't know you could mail live chicks???

Today was a toss up between Urban Cowboy in the huge Don Carlos bent dublin and Hobbits Weed in the Pete Pub. Held them both up and asked the wife which she liked best. The Pub won out. Said she liked the silver band and it was prettier than the Don Carlos. Zip, that is a gorgeous pipe and I'm glad you're enjoying the Hobbits Weed. Some more coming your way. Have a great day everyone.

So the hole in the silver is the same size as the diameter of the chamber? Is it a meerschaum bowl? I wouldn't want to replace the cap either, just thought maybe it was removable.
Yes. The gourd is fitted with a Meershaum bowl, and the diameter of the hole in the silver cap is slightly bigger than the bowl. But a lip extends into the bowl itself, if any of that make sense
20230621_115452.jpg

More Hobbit Weed in my Grandfather's Henry Tongue Bulldog, circa 1911. The original amber stem broke about a year or so ago, and i can't seem to find a replacement for it anywhere. Jim has a pristine version of this pipe. so I bet he can attest to the fact. Its a wonderful smoker. Will be more Hobbit Weed in another Henry a little later.

Attachments

• 20220726_132901.jpg
    20220726_132901.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
A third of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Pirates-Cubs game, and during commercials I am checking in on the Reds-Rockies game since the Reds have won ten straight. No walks and no thanks to the rain. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg