What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Hobbit Weed in my Grandfather's Henry Tongue Bulldog, circa 1911. The original amber stem broke about a year or so ago, and i can't seem to find a replacement for it anywhere. Jim has a pristine version of this pipe. so I bet he can attest to the fact. Its a wonderful smoker. Will be more Hobbit Weed in another Henry a little later.
I agree about the Henry Tongue pipes. Unfortunately, there is nobody who works with amber stems anymore. I'm very careful how I smoke mine.

1687372534376.png

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl from a freshly opened tin of Sutliff Phantom Privateer Crumble Cake No. 6 Barrel Aged Series Limited Edition in a smooth straight 1930s unbranded Austrian 1930s zulu meer with a replacement tapered orange/brown acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend which goes on sale July 4. First time smoking this new-to-me meer that was previously owned by my friend, the late David Ward. RIP old friend.
Austrian_Zulu_long.jpg

Wow, didn't know you could mail live chicks???
That's the only way to get quantities of individual breeds, the local feed stores stop selling chicks in May. These are new crosses that I'm trying out. I'm in New Hampshire they came from Pennsylvania, the other hatchery I order from is in Utah. They'll be sending me some Barred Plymouth Rocks in August.

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Sutliff Phantom Privateer Crumble Cake No. 6 Barrel Aged Series Limited Edition in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Matured red Va.s, stoved burley, SJ perique and barrel aged in rum for thirty days. Complex and very rich in flavor. Still writing and editing a review draft.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

I heard Abner the Eager crying and banging at my back door. As soon as I opened it, he snuck in, ate all the cat food, and started playing with a cat toy. Sleepy Suzy was definitely not amused, but I thought it was precious.
Peeking at me w:toy.jpg

Face hidden by toy.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Kentucky in an undated family era Sasieni Natural Four Dot Grosvenor smooth medium brown quarter bend bulldog with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Cleaning a few pipes as I watch the Dodgers-Angels game.
SasieniNatural4Dot_Grosvenor.jpg

Off to work on a new Betty and Veronica story with a bowl of C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Will listen to the Dodgers-Angels game as I work.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299-Canadian.jpg

Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed three ferals, and my cats, too.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg