What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful wild caught catfish and Mediterranean rice dinner with a freshly made bowl of chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm almost finished smoking Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Taking a page from @Balisong, I've loaded a Peterson Limerick with Bob's Flake for a trip to the grocery store. But before I do that, I have to show you all one more pipe. Now, this is dramatic. Like Dylan going electric or something. I've had this pipe since 2009, and this is the way it beeswaxed.
Before
20230630_165149.jpg

After
20230630_182902.jpg

The wax looks like this
16881750098401589011794193064262.jpg

So it must be coloring from smoking the pipe so long and not waxing it. Can you imagine what that will do to MB Virginia no 1?

Just finishing this bowl of C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just filled in the black areas on this five page Sabrina story. All that's left is to touch up the pages, which I'll finish doing tomorrow.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299-Canadian.jpg

Less than a third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I finished all the touch ups, and the story is done. Fed Tomato the Brave amd Abner he Eager. Daisy the Feral Princess won't eat until the other do so she'll be left alone.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

That's great. Does she wear cowgirl boots when she's doing the boot scooting boogie, lol?
Absolutely she does, even wears a Stetson, the men get all dressed up too. Big Buckled belts, stetsons, and bolo ties I can't take part, but it's great to watch, and I love the music.

I sent Zippo one care package with some new socks during their postal strike. Never made it. I figure some SOB somewhere in England is wearing Zippos socks right now lol.
No I did eventually get them, sorry Buddy I thought I told you. Very nice socks they were too 🤣🤣🤣

The perique is an important supporting player. I told the blender not to change it.

Btw, since you are a perique fan, you will be interested to know that Wilke is going to do a more heavy duty version of Lizzie Blood Virginia. It'll have a LOT more perique. I'll be getting a sample to try out next week with any luck.

And on July 4th, Sutliff's Crumble Cake Phantom Privateer No 6 goes on sale. It's rum barrel aged, but has a noticeable perique content.
Thanks Jim, I keep a list of tobaccos to order, so will add those two.

Easy enough if you have the recipe. 60% SWR, 25% Black Cav, 15% ODF. Don't need to be that particular either. I don't weigh anything, just eyeball it.
I can get some cavendish locally, but will order the Old Dark Fired. Maybe I'll try some local dark fired on a trial run first :) .

Good Morning!
I've had an easy morning, my wife made the coffee and did most of the outdoor chores! Last night I jarred some GLP Kensington and filled a Pride for a before bed taste knowing in was too moist but would DGT well for the morning. I have some out drying now, or in this humidity mabe going from wet to damp!

Like Dylan going electric or something. I've had this pipe since 2009, and this is the way it beeswaxed.
Nice metaphor especially followed by the photo with what appears to be a photo Miles in the background! That wax looks too white to be pure beeswax but it yields remarkable results. I wonder if the tobacco juice clogs the pores close to the chamber and the hot wax dissolves and wicks the colors to the surface of the pipe.