What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely she does, even wears a Stetson, the men get all dressed up too. Big Buckled belts, stetsons, and bolo ties I can't take part, but it's great to watch, and I love the music.
Wow, sounds like the cowboy craze we had here back in the 90s. Guys all wearing boots and cowboy hats to the local honky tonk. And none of them knew a horse from a jackass, lol. Where do they get the buckles if there's no rodeo? I'm guessing they buy them, not win them. In all my rodeo days I never won a buckle because here it's based on total points not one event. I came close a couple of years ago. Came in second in a senior reining contest. I'll see if I can find a buckle to send your way.

Good morning my fellow BoBs. Sounds like everyone is in pretty good spirits this fine Saturday. Gonna be Devils tail hot here today, high of 98. But at least no humidity, down around 10%. Right now having Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy and morning coffee. Was going to go to the Frontier days parade downtown but just too ho and the wife can't handle the heat. Have a great day BoBs.

Good morning my fellow BoBs. Sounds like everyone is in pretty good spirits this fine Saturday. Gonna be Devils tail hot here today, high of 98. But at least no humidity, down around 10%. Right now having Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy and morning coffee. Was going to go to the Frontier days parade downtown but just too ho and the wife can't handle the heat. Have a great day BoBs.
Hot not ho. Damn phone. Lol.

PS Peaches and Cream in a CAO Bekler man meerschaum. Hanging his toes over the edge of the cliff🙂
16882279984808596818425024932129.jpg

Nice metaphor especially followed by the photo with what appears to be a photo Miles in the background! That wax looks too white to be pure beeswax but it yields remarkable results. I wonder if the tobacco juice clogs the pores close to the chamber and the hot wax dissolves and wicks the colors to the surface of the pipe.
Maybe the beeswax is the really purified kind. I've got maybe 5 lbs from and old buddy beekeeper that is a tan yellow color. It was probably only strained.

Maybe the beeswax is the really purified kind. I've got maybe 5 lbs from and old buddy beekeeper that is a tan yellow color. It was probably only strained.
Both natural and bleached beeswax work on meerschaums. The natural yellow might be more old fashioned, I don't know.

That white crud came back when the pipe cooled, I'll post a pic of it while I'm smoking to show it. I've written an email to Meerschaum Market to see if they know how to remove that stuff.

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Both natural and bleached beeswax work on meerschaums. The natural yellow might be more old fashioned, I don't know.

That white crud came back when the pipe cooled, I'll post a pic of it while I'm smoking to show it. I've written an email to Meerschaum Market to see if they know how to remove that stuff.
Is it OK to mix mineral oil into the wax? When I make a beeswax paste for my axes, I cut it with such things to make it more spreadable. Thinking the oil would allow the wax to move within the mineral more easily.

Is it OK to mix mineral oil into the wax? When I make a beeswax paste for my axes, I cut it with such things to make it more spreadable. Thinking the oil would allow the wax to move within the mineral more easily.
I'll try that on a pipe. Do you use just a little amount of mineral oil or more like fifty fifty? I'll try anything that reduces the wax residue.

MB Virginia no 1 in a CAO bent bulldog meerschaum.

Here are the pics of it with the stuff on it, then as I smoke down the bowl how it turns brown, then white again. 😟
20230701_093113.jpg
20230701_095036.jpg

20230701_100546.jpg

20230701_102438.jpg

Maybe it needs more wax, or I'll try mineral oil mixed with the wax. I'm open for suggestions. When it's warmed up it makes me feel like I have a collector's pipe for display, which is new for me.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of KBV Cajun Safari in a medium bend, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top 1980 Stanwell 668 dublin military mount with a multi-colored ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while, although it saw tons of action in the 1980s and 90s. Great smoker.
Stanwell 668_left.jpg

I'll try that on a pipe. Do you use just a little amount of mineral oil or more like fifty fifty? I'll try anything that reduces the wax residue.
I usually mix it at a low amount while melting the wax in a double boiler until the consistency seems more flowable. It's trial and error for me.