What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star mmmMidnight, neat, is my drink. Have enough left for a small batch.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Just received and cleaned up this Kaywoodie Prime Grain 13B. It was not heavily used, and has a 3 hole stinger, so my guess is it is from the 60's to 70's. Once again, a Kaywoodie with nice grain. To my chagrin, it looks as if someone has straightened the stem. I'd like to get it back to the original bend. Could it be that some came like this? The one tobacco I could see having for its first smoke here was 2023 C&D The Beast-the full 50% perique stuff. There was a nice ripe apple taste through the pipe on unlit draw. Charing was that and more fruit, and full lit pretty plummy. This pipe has a relatively small bowl compared to my Savinelli Trevi 320EX, so the nic hit shouldn't be too bad. It is interesting to do a cubic inch bowl size calculation, as the difference is fractions of an inch sometimes. Maybe I should be using volume of a cylinder.
20230711_145815.jpg
20230711_144753.jpg

Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going to a friend's house to watch the All Star game. See you folks later.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

I've been smoking some John Patton Dark Horse in a Dunhill billiard this afternoon. This blend has changed since I smoked it a few years ago; I don't know what it is but it is just not the same. I wonder if it has changed hands in the last few years. Drinking some black coffee and eating some glazed yeast donuts for dessert.
Dunhill-Tanshell-billiard.jpg

Just received and cleaned up this Kaywoodie Prime Grain 13B. It was not heavily used, and has a 3 hole stinger, so my guess is it is from the 60's to 70's. Once again, a Kaywoodie with nice grain. To my chagrin, it looks as if someone has straightened the stem. I'd like to get it back to the original bend. Could it be that some came like this? The one tobacco I could see having for its first smoke here was 2023 C&D The Beast-the full 50% perique stuff. There was a nice ripe apple taste through the pipe on unlit draw. Charing was that and more fruit, and full lit pretty plummy. This pipe has a relatively small bowl compared to my Savinelli Trevi 320EX, so the nic hit shouldn't be too bad. It is interesting to do a cubic inch bowl size calculation, as the difference is fractions of an inch sometimes. Maybe I should be using volume of a cylinder.
View attachment 11131View attachment 11133
It may have straightened out by itself over time. Sometimes Vulcanite stems will straighten out; I have a Savinelli bent that has a stem that is straightening out on its own. You can bend it back by heating it up with a heat gun and then carefully bending it to the extent you want. bending pipe stems

It may have straightened out by itself over time. Sometimes Vulcanite stems will straighten out; I have a Savinelli bent that has a stem that is straightening out on its own. You can bend it back by heating it up with a heat gun and then carefully bending it to the extent you want. bending pipe stems
Thanks Haebar, that's a relief to think someone possubly hasnt already heated it once to straighten. I checked out the video, and may get enough nerve to try. It still has a slight bend, and I think the bend shown in some of the old KW charts looks better.

Thanks Haebar, that's a relief to think someone possubly hasnt already heated it once to straighten. I checked out the video, and may get enough nerve to try. It still has a slight bend, and I think the bend shown in some of the old KW charts looks better.
Just be csreful and go slow. That's how I broke the stem on my Calabresi. Stem wasn't hot enough and I pressed too hard.