What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning! Waking up with some D&R Three Sails in a Guildhall billiard. Drinking some coffee and a carbonated water drink flavored with cherry. Going to work at the office today; going out this morning to help one of the biologists collect ground beetles from traps set in the ground. Got some new eyeglasses in the mail yesterday and am really enjoying my new prescription.
Comoy-s-Guildhall-billiard.jpg
That sounds like some cool work. Ground beetles are like the tiger of the insect world-carnivorous. I once ran some pitfall traps for various insects in McMinn county trying to get data on how imported fire ant was impacting the ecology. Stay cool, and good to see you lately.

Good morning my friends. A fairly pleasant 75 on the patio this morning. A/C guys coming to fix it today. So glad, been hotter than Hades the last week and more hot weather predicted this weekend. Having Urban Cowboy in a Calabresi bent brandy with CR coffee. Hated to miss smoking with you guys last night but it was still 90 on the patio at 8 pm.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊. Late to the smoking den for me today. But I'm about to fill a Savinelli Aligator 315. With some Savinelli Cavendish. It will be my first time smoking this particular blend, part of 4 new tins of Savinelli tobaccos, gifted from one of my brothers.
Have a great day everybody
20230622_113436.jpg

MB Virginia no 1 in a CAO bent bulldog meerschaum. I've been gradually stepping up my kettlebell workouts, so I ordered Muscle Milk protein powder on prime day, not bad tasting. And I got this cool lighter too. It has a permanent match with a metal casing for a wick that fits into the reservoir, and a flint on the side to strike it.
20230713_082111.jpg

MB Virginia no 1 in a CAO bent bulldog meerschaum. I've been gradually stepping up my kettlebell workouts, so I ordered Muscle Milk protein powder on prime day, not bad tasting. And I got this cool lighter too. It has a permanent match with a metal casing for a wick that fits into the reservoir, and a flint on the side to strike it.
View attachment 11178
Looks like a Christmas card 🤣.
I have a lighter that is very similar to that one Charley. The permanent match is great for Pipes.

Had and having another bowl of what I'm going to name Truck Blend which is Sutliff Ready rubbed match, PA, remnants of local dark fired and air cured aka one sucker and some bright flue cured Virginia in a Stetson Synchromatic briar apple. The Sutliff just won't dry out easily, so it's getting the hot truck treatment.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking an Irwins bent bulldog with Larsen 1864 blend and a Mc Cafe k-cup. I won Holeysmoke pipe on E-bay last week and it arrived today. It is in excellent shape for an old pipe. I seem to be a sucker for these old Custom-bilt era pipes....

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Going to be a busy day, so I'm taking a short forum break. See ya soon.
M.T. Natural.jpg

View attachment 11178
Is the wick fed with lighter fluid? I thought about getting one, but using my hemp wicks mostly.

Finished DGT in the Peterson 309, and now reloaded with the same KBV Mr. Christian's Brown Flek in the same pipe. I know, Im not a good pipe daddy not giving it much rest, but counting on it being a workhorse. When I started that first bowl, it got so good with a nice sweet taste, I had to have it again. This is maybe 6 months in the jar and showing improvement. Nice thing with this blend and not usual for KBV, it is still available. The $14 price covers two whole ounces and shipping.