What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Starting the morning with Prince Albert USA made (with coffee of course) in a newly acquired Yello-Bole author shape number 2213B marked KBB in a cloverleaf YELLO-BOLE HONEY CURED BRIAR. This pipe is amazingly light (an indication of briar and pipe making quality?), is in good condition, has a really pretty original stain. It has the original yellow bowl coating and the stinger is intact. It smokes great and stays cool. I compared this to my Kaywoodie 13B, and the shape is similar, but the shank on the 2213B is wider and more substantial, so I like it better. I'm really beginning to love these old USA made pipes, and appreciate BoB's giving input on the posts in other parts of the forum.Here's on the date range from Pipedia:
  • Pipes from 1933-1936 they were stamped "Honey Cured Briar"
View attachment 11643
View attachment 11644
Congrats, man!

Enjoyed a tasty tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a sliced peach and unsalted peanuts on the side. I've about a third of a bowl left of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Larry's espresso #9, neat, is my drink. Going to work soon.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to Crime Classics from my radio collection. It's one of top radio series for me.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg