What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peterson 3P in a Peterson rusticated standard system 302 with p-lip. I tried a different prep on this by slicing thin maybe 1/16 inch pieces with my spiffy knife, drying until just a bit sticky when pinched then separate into about 1/8 strips. Rubbed these out lightly, did the Peterson packing method, and it is smouldering nicely with clear tastes coming through.

I tried a different prep on this by slicing thin maybe 1/16 inch pieces with my spiffy knife.
1/16 in, "You have a fine steady hand." 🙂 That's about the best I can do without a shredder. I use my Kuhn Rikon Kulu blade.
20230604_205843.jpg

Smoking a Custombilt bent egg ? I got this pipe on e-bay for damn near nothing and it cleaned up, Beautifully! Smoking MB 7 seas regular blend in it, with a bottle of spring water. I was outside for awhile trying to get some work done,but ,between the heat and mosquitoes chewing me up, I gave up!

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. Almost finished smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem. Watching the Braves-Cubs game. Larry's Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_QueenHearts.jpg

Now smoking Sam Gawith Kendall Plug in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic saddle stem. This will take a while. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
BeckerM_4heart_brandy .jpg

During my pipe zoom I had PS Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Hardcastle bent billiard, until I set it down because it was burning too hot, and changed it for a Savinelli Camouflage with PS Peaches and Cream. I just got a new pipe in the mail, and for the second time this year, someone sent me a more expensive/higher graded pipe than the one I ordered. This is a Charatan's Make Executive from the Lane era. I had to look it up, but that's a considerably higher grade of Charatan than the special, so I'm lucky today.
20230805_150022.jpg