What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of a bowl left of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Mets game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steelhead trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm just over a third of a bowl left of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a 1972 three quarter bend black Dunhill Shell 52021 billiard with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Dunhill_1972Billiard_Shell_52021.jpg

After a wonderful dinner of salmon basted with pomegranite balsamic vinegarette and grilled asparagus I'm enjoying Arango Balkan Supreme in an EMP apple meer carved by Ishmael Baglin. With the bug zapper going, two citronella lamps, and a fan on me, the gnat situation is pretty much controlled, lol. My last pipe as sun is setting. Good evening BoBs.

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Cleaning the pipes I smoked earlier. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1932_pot.jpg

Some ennerdale flake in a no-name bent acorn, recently acquired the taste for this soapy stuff and love it! This and erinmore took some time to get used to but now I love them. Thankfully ennerdale comes in bulk because I would have to take out a loan to stock up on erinmore 🤣

For dinner we have potatoes, zuchini, onion and some atlantic salmon on the grill (salmon not pictured lol)
20230813_193740.jpg20230813_193253.jpg

Good morning my fellow BoBs.
Well what can I say, phew what a birthday weekend that was, I think I can remember most of it, but I'm going to need a month to detox lol.
Oh well back to normality. Today I'm going to part load one of my new pipes, and start breaking it in.
Oh the new pipes, when Mrs Z threw me the catalogue I was spoilt for choice, but decided on 2 petes from their Evening collection.
Both Army Ebonies with a stirling silver mount and marblesk stem.
Pipe one
Is a Peterson Evening XL21 a bent briar with a large sized, Dublin shaped bowl. It has a thick wall, with a fairly deep bowl and large bore
Pipe two
The Peterson Evening XL21 a very distinctive classic Bulldog with a diamond shaped straight shank and the classic double groove round another large bowl.
Along with these, Mrs Z also bought me 4 tins of tobacco, of various blends, which I haven't tried before. (Report will follow).
I did get a new Savinelli from my brother, and 6 tins of tobacco. But I'll save that report for another day too. As this post is fast turning into a book.
So it's Petersons Early Morning pipe in the XL21 Evening Bulldog, for its first gentle smoke.
Have a great day my friends 😊
20230813_103433.jpg