What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Back from the fair, I liked smoking Urban Cowboy at the campsite. I walked through the rabbit and chicken barns, and the kids hadn't gotten all the animals in there yet, as the fair opens tomorrow, but I got a pic of this nice looking rabbit, there was no breed tag up yet, but I hope he's big enough for @Balisong! Maybe Bali knows what kind of bunny it is.
20230814_193248.jpg

Now I'm smoking Lancaster in an Altinay Zulu meerschaum, making a bevel out of wood to help me when I shape the stummel on my bent morta.

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and passing the half way mark on this bowl of Watch City Beta Test VaBur Final Version in a dark brown medium bend grain etched 1970s Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand with a black vulcanite stem.
Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B.jpg

Now smoking Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning my fellow BoBs 😊.
Today I'm going to partly refill one of my new Evening Series Petersons. The XL21 Bulldog with some of the same tobacco I'm breaking it in with, Early Morning pipe. Enjoying the women's world cup semi final Sweden v Spain and a pot of Yorkshire Tea. Enjoy your day my friends 😊
20230815_095639.jpg

Good Morning!
Gray, cool and rainy, but, the chores are done and the coffee's made for the morning and in the Thermos! The Old Blighty weather put me in the mood for GLP Westminster in a bent MM Apple Diplomat, the tobacco from my heritage and the coffee from my up bringing.

Last edited:
Maybe Bali knows what kind of bunny it is.
That's one big bunny! It looks like an 18 inch wide cage and he's wall to wall! More fluffy than my New Zealand, maybe a Giant Flemish.
Far far more than I would normally pay for a Pete estate
Nice Zippo Zippo! And that Pete you're smoking looks like a nice match for EMP which was my morning tobacco for many years.

A hodgepodge of Amphora Original mixed 50/50 with Amphora Burley and topped with the small remains of SG Best Brown Flake in an MM General with bent forever stem. I'm sitting at the edge of Red River watching water beetles swimming and Purple Martins doing their acrobatics to catch their breakfast. On my way to get deck stairs lumber. Oh, and the tobacco is good and bowl generous. As I lit, I couldn't help but reflect on being right smack in the middle of dark fired tobacco country with barns smoking from being fired. This was also the heart of the Tobacco Wars and Nightriders. They have a local play about it in Adams Tennessee. If you are interested in the history, look up Rick Gregory Robertson county Tennessee on YouTube.
And, above all, I am thankful for pipes and pipe tobacco being one of the simple pleasures in life.
20230815_085748.jpg

Just finishing up some CH in a MM general cob and my 1st mug of coffee. Had to retire to the garage nook. Gnats outside were just overwhelming. Need to find some better bug spray.
As much as I love America, and the time I worked out there. I'm so grateful that the most annoying bugs we have are probably butterflies larvae nibbling our garden veg 🤣.
Ranger Buddy, don't you have one of those UV light zapper bug killing machines ?

Last edited:
Part way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg