What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2021 Watch City Glass Slipper Micro-Batch in a post-2000 straight brown sandblasted Tom Eltang cherrywood with a black acrylic saddle stem. Working on the last page and listening to The Green Hornet from my radio collection.
Tom_Eltang_Cherrywood.jpg

Finished work, fed my cats and the ferals, emptied the dishwasher, and smoked a bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

In an effort to not further label myself a disturber of the peace here, an on-topic post!

2010 McClleland Holiday Spirit in a Kaywoodie Regent I acquired from Marty Pulvers some years ago. View attachment 12954
Nice grain on that Kaywoodie. Does it have a stinger?

I'm fortunate to have a local chips shop nearby. Being on the coast, we have a lot of places that offer fancier fish options, but we're lucky to have this place that actually offers classic British style pub food.
I left California in 1991, do they still have "H. Salt Fish & Chips" there? THat was my favorite place.

Good morning BoBs. Starting with my go to Urban Cowboy in the big Don Carlos bent dublin and a big mug of Costa Rican coffee. Beautiful day here on the mountain. A crisp 52 right now but up to 80 by this afternoon. Nothing but blue skies and sunshine. Heading out in a couple hours for a trail ride with some friends.

Nice grain on that Kaywoodie. Does it have a stinger?
Thank you, unfortunately it does, and it tends to smoke a little wet for it. I will say, I enjoy smoking it more than most with stingers, though I would generally prefer my pipes not have them.
I left California in 1991, do they still have "H. Salt Fish & Chips" there? THat was my favorite place.
I'm unfamiliar with them, but looking online it looks like they still have a few around. Mostly in the LA area or SF areas. Two of the places I try my hardest to avoid!
If I find myself near one, I'll give it a shot and report back with a comparison!
We left Cali in 2016. Never heard of the place. Always got our fish at Andreas in the Ventura harbor.
We probably weren't too far apart when you were still in California, I'm north of Santa Barbara. It's usually work that brings me to Ventura, but I used to occasionally get my fix at Mac's on State St. before they closed down. We also visit Morro Bay and Los Osos occasionally, and they have good fresh fish, and lighter, healthier batters. I've yet to find fish and chips there that have that same delicious, greasy fried breading that my European ancestry craves 😆 or brown sauce, for that matter.

Thank you, unfortunately it does, and it tends to smoke a little wet for it. I will say, I enjoy smoking it more than most with stingers, though I would generally prefer my pipes not have them.

I'm unfamiliar with them, but looking online it looks like they still have a few around. Mostly in the LA area or SF areas. Two of the places I try my hardest to avoid!
If I find myself near one, I'll give it a shot and report back with a comparison!

We probably weren't too far apart when you were still in California, I'm north of Santa Barbara. It's usually work that brings me to Ventura, but I used to occasionally get my fix at Mac's on State St. before they closed down. We also visit Morro Bay and Los Osos occasionally, and they have good fresh fish, and lighter, healthier batters. I've yet to find fish and chips there that have that same delicious, greasy fried breading that my European ancestry craves 😆 or brown sauce, for that matter.
I have been unscrewing my stinger pipes during the smoke and wiping the stinger. I always get a stain from the liquid, so it's working. To me, this is about the same as having to sop the well of a system Peterson with a paper towel. I end up doing this mid to 3/4's through.

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Getting ready to watch game one of the Braves-Nats split double header.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg