What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been smoking some exotic Five Brothers in an old Dunhill grp 4 Tanshell billiard that's seen better days. It black and brown and worn down over time.
Dunhill-Tanshell-001.jpg

This morning I had Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in a Savinelli Roma with Cooper's Rye Whiskey Cask coffee - a good pairing.

Right now: Wilke 400 in Design Berlin Siegfried. This stuff always hits the spot!
Rye whiskey coffee? Isn't it a bit early to be drinking, lol?

Rye whiskey coffee? Isn't it a bit early to be drinking, lol?

Nah, it's diluted with coffee, so that doesn't count! :p

Seriously, Cooper's makes a series of coffee beans that have been aged in whiskey, bourbon, or rum barrels. Surprising how much flavor is extracted from this process, so I blend them regular coffee, otherwise the flavoring can be overwhelming.

Nah, it's diluted with coffee, so that doesn't count! :p

Seriously, Cooper's makes a series of coffee beans that have been aged in whiskey, bourbon, or rum barrels. Surprising how much flavor is extracted from this process, so I blend them regular coffee, otherwise the flavoring can be overwhelming.
Well I do have to admit when I went to deer camp in the midwest, I usually started the day with some George Dickle 12 year old in my coffee, lol.

Finished up some CS Choctaw in a Don Carlos magnum full bent apple. Now on to Parsons Blend in a Studio bent billiard. Both with morning coffee.

Smoking more Five Brothers in an Ashton Brindle XXX. Need a break from Five Brothers so I ordered a bunch of 4 oz. samples of some burley-forward blends from 4Noggins.com. They're mostly C&D and John Patton blends.
Ashton-Brindle.jpg

Nice afternoon with some GLP Embarcadero in an old Lorenzo Ambra 1/2 bent billiard followed by Match Presbyterian in a 1967 Berkebile (Georgetown Tobacco) author-shaped briar.

CS Cherokee in a MM general cob with my version of cowboy coffee. Channelling my inner Zeb McCahan and thinking about my new horse which is coming Sat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-04-09-38-59.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-09-38-59.png
    874.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_2021-03-04-09-37-08.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-09-37-08.png
    907.9 KB · Views: 83
Lane Andullo in a Villager bent billiard.
Kind of an ugly duckling of a pipe but I keep it because it just loves blends with cigar leaf (Andullo, Sansepolcro, John Patton, Peretti Cuban, several DIY blends). I've always wondered who made this pipe. Some research on internet suggests it is a second brand of Savinelli but I've never seen rustication like this from Savinelli or Rossi. I'm thinking
entry-level Brebbia? Only nomenclature is Villager and Italy. Anybody have any ideas?

BoB-Villager.PNG

Nice evening here before the rain starts. 12-year-old Peretti's Royal in a Paul Bonaquisti blasted author followed by some of my own blend in a Upshall 5P FH straight-grain flared-bowl Dublin. Life is good! FTRPLT