What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started the day off with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Then I did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Had a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of D&R Windsail in an 1890s-early 1900s dark brown smooth straight JD (Joseph B. Desjardins) billiard with filigree metal work with an amberish saddle stem and orific bit.
J.D. (Joseph B. Desjardins)_Fillagree-billiard1.jpg

Now, I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Rangers-Rays game. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

I love this. I'd love a squashed tomato
Me, too. That's why I had Basil make it for me. I didn't have one until then. It's one of my favorite pipes, and very classy looking. Basil did more than I had expected, and then surprised me by gifting it to me as a birthday present. I said "It's June. My birthday is in November." He said, "Consider it an early birthday present," the rascal! :) I own seven of his pipes, and he always had an excuse for why they were free. But, over time I got him back by giving him pounds and pounds of tobacco. He always said I didn't have to do that, and I'd always say, "Call a cop if you don't like it." 🤣

Last edited:
Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching baseball playoffs today. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Twins-Jays game.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

Just finished dinner, slow roasted chicken, roasted broccoli and homemade cranberry sauce. Sitting outside with GLP Westminster in a Pride and raising a hard cider to @Ranger107 , stick to the diet so you can relax and enjoy the upcoming holidays!
Started at 228, down to 208, want to be at 200 before Turkey Day. That's my fighting weight. At 200 I have no gut, no love handles, and I drop from 38 to 36 jeans.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught blue catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a quarter of a bowl left of the last of this sample of year 2014 MacBaren Three Nuns in a 2002 black short shank grain relief straight Caminetto 6.L.17 tomato with a black acrylic tapered stem. I have a bunch of first release tins of this blends so I'll revisit the blend one of these days. Watching the D-Backs surprise the Brewers as they did last night. In between innings, I managed to make sure Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave, and Sam the Scamp got to eat. Daisy and Tomato ran off when Sam scamped in. They seem afraid of other outside cats when it's feeding time, which is weird considering both of them are much bigger than Sam and Abner the Eager. Otherwise, Abner follows Tomato around, and Tomato doesn't seem to mind it much. Maybe it's because Abner usually keeps a very short distance away from him. Daisy always hides, which is unfortunate since she's always been the queen of the back deck. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Caminetto 2002 Tomato.jpg

On the way to the half way mark of this bowl of year 2016 Wessex Gold Brick in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Guiliani. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg