What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My own blend "Friar Tuck" in a Medico Gothic. Trying the new Savinelli activated charcoal 6mm filter in this pipe (instead of the usual Medico or Grabow paper filters). First impression is that it didn't do much. Maybe on harsher blends or some nic-bombs like Five Brothers. Further pipes and baccies required, but I'll soldier through! ;)

BoB-FriarTuck.PNG

Nice WX for once!! 11-year-old Commonwealth in a Pete Shamrock Brandy; followed by 12-year-old LJ Peretti's Tashkent in a Kaywoodie Shellcraft Brandy! FTRPLT

Wilke 400 in a GBD Seventy-Six. Now to the recliner chair to finish an interesting book I'm reading.

Already 59 degrees and sunny at 9:30 in the morning, so I'm dipping into some of my Springtime favorites. Starting with Samuel Gawith Kendal Cream Flake in a Pepe Pipes Woodstock.

Got about an inch of snow last night. Sunny when I got up so went on the patio with some CS Choctaw in an Aldo Velani POTY. Beautiful straight grain 1/4 bent dublin with thick walls. Got about 95% thought it and had to retire to the house as the snow was starting up again and blowing onto the covered patio. Hard to enjoy the pipe with snow in my face,,lol.

My own blend "Chaucer" in a Golden Gate Golden Swan. This light golden Virginia based aromatic blend so named because it has 1/8 mix of Maryland and white Burley that was soaked in Chaucer's Mead then baked at 160 degrees until dry. Gives a more distinctive taste than just using a honey mix. Already 74 degrees now, kind of weird reading about Ranger having a snow day.

BoB-GoldenSwan.PNG

Snow abated for a while. More to come tonight. Last of the Benediction gifted by Brunello in a Pete system also acquired from him. Jim Beam on the side. Getting colder as I sit here.

CS Choctaw in a Butz Choquin magnum with a vauen 9mm filter. Think I should have left it out. Seems to dull the taste a bit. With dark roast coffee. Got some snow but not the predicted 5 inches. More like 2. Nice and sunny.

Five Brothers in a Whitehall Suffolk Algerian (supposedly made by Ben Wade in the 60's). I use Five Brothers mostly for blending but every once in awhile enjoy it solo. But I was thinking how good a pinch of aged maduro leaf would be with this. Maybe I'll nip the tip off a Padron Anniversario to mix with some Five brothers. That will be my project for the weekend!

Sutliff Black Cordial in a Don Carlos magnum bent dublin with morning coffee. Now on to CS Parsons Blend in a Maestro de Paya 1/4 bent pot from Brunello. Winter blend coffee with. More snow predicted for this afternoon. Gonna sit inside in front of the fireplace and read while watching the snow and smelling the corn beef the wife is fixing for dinner.

Got 90% through the Parsons Blend. Not enough left to DGT. Temps dropping, wind coming up, snow in the face, fingers freezing, time to bow out, lol.

Playing catch up with my posts . . .
This morning: Wilke Sailor Jack in a Charatan pot. Nothing awakens like a full-throttle Latakia for first smoke of the day!
Right now: getting ready to light up my new concoction of Five Brothers and cigar leaf (in a Medico Gothic).
BoB-Charatan.PNG