What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figgy pudding in a Pete Strand...got out for a couple hours between rains!

WEhp9m4l.jpg

What do you think about MacBaren Burley Flake? I am thinking about buying some.
I liked it. Had to experiment to get the proper fold and stuff method but once I got it down good stuff if you like a full on burley taste. Kind of like SWR kicked up several notches. Don't pack it too tight or it's hard to keep lit. It likes a deeper bowl as well.
I'm planning on my Peterson pipe of the year poker with Erin Go Braugh pipe tobacco while drinking a dram of either Jameson's or Telamore Dew ( if I can find it locally).
A poker of course,, lol. Stick with Jamesons, cask brewed if you can find it. Went to the TD brewery when we were in Ireland a year or so ago, gave us some free samples. Not impressed.

Some Weybridge gifted by Brunello. Pretty good stuff. Not a big fan of perique but quite good in this blend. In a thick walled Stanwell bent dublin by Lars Iverson.

After dinner now and my only bowl for today: Five Brothers in a MM Mark Twain.

I'll be firing up my Pete Meer on St. Paddy's Day (with some Peterson tobacco). Not a fan of Irish Whiskey so I'll probably have some spiked iced St. Brendan's Irish Cream Liqueur for dessert. I'm sure that stuff is loaded with calories so I'll have to go easy on dinner!

Just finished a bowl of Match Presbyterian in an old Hardcastle "Special Quality" billiard. The pipe could easily pass for a DH Root Briar LBS 4! FTRPLT

After dinner now and my only bowl for today: Five Brothers in a MM Mark Twain.

I'll be firing up my Pete Meer on St. Paddy's Day (with some Peterson tobacco). Not a fan of Irish Whiskey so I'll probably have some spiked iced St. Brendan's Irish Cream Liqueur for dessert. I'm sure that stuff is loaded with calories so I'll have to go easy on dinner!
Nah, no calories in Irish Cream. Lol.

Just finished a bowl of C&D Kelly's Coin in a Dagner cob. Next up: Amphora Burley blend in a paneled Design Berlin.
Mention of Old Toby and Shepherd's Pie reminds me I need to give those another go - neither really impressed the first time around, but it's been several months - maybe I've developed a more discerning palate by now! :p.

CS Rivendell in a Design Berlin with morning coffee. Sun is out, light breeze. Nice day in the mountains. Sipping pipe and coffee watching the birdies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-15-09-46-33.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-15-09-46-33.png
    767.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2021-03-15-08-48-37.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-15-08-48-37.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Just finished a bowl of C&D Kelly's Coin in a Dagner cob. Next up: Amphora Burley blend in a paneled Design Berlin.
Mention of Old Toby and Shepherd's Pie reminds me I need to give those another go - neither really impressed the first time around, but it's been several months - maybe I've developed a more discerning palate by now! :p.
Bru, where did you acquire the DB Sigfried? Been looking but no joy.