What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice corned beef and cabbage lunch, my Irish tweed hat, a spot o' Jameson's, and a good Irish pipe. Alas, no Irish tobacco; had to make due with some British Woods...

bvrziFwl.jpg
Wow, great pic!! Might have been a safer bet to go with something American than British (even though British Woods and Scottish Woods are both great blends). Happy St. Padraig's Day!

Just finished the Peterson Deluxe in a Savinelli Tortuga - the best aromatic by Peterson I'd say - nice flavors of honey and walnut. Now looking for something else to try before dinner. Half cup of Irish Coffee to keep me going ;)

Wow, great pic!! Might have been a safer bet to go with something American than British (even though British Woods and Scottish Woods are both great blends). Happy St. Padraig's Day!
Probably right! I supposed in retrospect some Edward G. Robinson's might have been close enough!

Peterson Gold in a Design Berlin Prelude. Yeah, yeah, a German pipe . . . but I'm using a Peterson Filter, so that counts, right? :D

BoB-Preludio.PNG

Brunello, yes, one of your Pete briars is making an appearance. Peter Stokkebye luxury navy flake in a Pete B42 bent pot, military mount, acquired from Brunello. Irish cream on the rocks with. Would have included my Irish tweed walking hat in the pic like idlefellow but I'm just too damn tired to go inside and get it, lol. Sorry about the crappy pic but it is after dark here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-17-19-02-46.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-17-19-02-46.png
    530.9 KB · Views: 72
Really didn't get to celebrate Saint Patrick's day yesterday. I did get to have a great corned beef and cabbage lunch but then my Son called. Earlier in the morning he had a doctor's appointment. He hasn't been feeling up to snuff lately (I'm guessing because of stress from everything we have been going through with all the surgeries my three year old Granddaughter has had at Shriners hospital this past year). I guess he had an EKG(?) and it showed an irregular heart beat so off to the emergency room. I "had" planned on smoking Erin Go Bragh in my Peterson pipe of the year poker while drinking a dram of Jameson's Cask Irish Whiskey. Maybe later today.

Really didn't get to celebrate Saint Patrick's day yesterday. I did get to have a great corned beef and cabbage lunch but then my Son called. Earlier in the morning he had a doctor's appointment. He hasn't been feeling up to snuff lately (I'm guessing because of stress from everything we have been going through with all the surgeries my three year old Granddaughter has had at Shriners hospital this past year). I guess he had an EKG(?) and it showed an irregular heart beat so off to the emergency room. I "had" planned on smoking Erin Go Bragh in my Peterson pipe of the year poker while drinking a dram of Jameson's Cask Irish Whiskey. Maybe later today.
Mike, sorry to hear about your son. Prayers for him to get better. Yes, given the situation we can extend St. Patricks for you. Relax and enjoy the pipe and the Jamesons. We are there with you.

My own blend in a MM cob. Trying to create my version of cowboy coffee. SWR base, added smokers pride black cav about 1 to 3, sprinkled in some McB old dark fired. Not exactly the same but still pretty good. With coffee if course..

My own blend in a MM cob. Trying to create my version of cowboy coffee. SWR base, added smokers pride black cav about 1 to 3, sprinkled in some McB old dark fired. Not exactly the same but still pretty good. With coffee if course..
Good for you trying your own DIY blend. Looks good on paper, sort of a Black & Burley concept kicked up a notch. Let us know if stumble upon any winning recipes! (y)

My own blend "Aurum Luminae" in a paneled Design Berlin. Based off Peterson Gold which was rather lackluster by itself.

Good for you trying your own DIY blend. Looks good on paper, sort of a Black & Burley concept kicked up a notch. Let us know if stumble upon any winning recipes! (y)
Yep, a bit like CS Black and Tan. Next batch I will up the percentage of ODF to give it a bit more oomph.

My morning smoke was WC Deluxe Crumb Cut in an Arley Curtz Pot. Now smoking GL Pease Cumberland Anniversary in a slightly bent Falcon with a Meer Bulldog bowl.

Dunhill Durbar in a Butz Choquin 1/4 bent dublin with a Dos Equis amber on the side. One would think with the thick walls and the awesome straight grain on this pipe it would smoke like a dream. It smokes okay but tends to get hot. Not the tobacco but the pipe itself. Anyone else have this problem with Butz Choquin pipes?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-19-16-58-00.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-19-16-58-00.png
    987 KB · Views: 83