What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zippo, praying for your improvement. Is that tobacco jar with screw down lid press to seal it? Nice set of items and pipe there!
Thanks Swede Buddy.
Yes the Jar use to belong to my Dad, and I'm pretty sure he pinched it from his Dad 🤣. I have quite a number of these Jars, that I've inherited from my dad, grandad, uncles and brother. It's just a matter of periodically changing the seals, which are readily available. And they work brilliantly, once the lid is screwed down, it keeps the tobacco from drying out. The one in the picture is made by Gray's pottery, for Dunhill.
20231026_153448.jpg
20231026_153242.jpg

Zippo, It`s great to hear your feeling better, I was wondering where you`ve been.
Smoking a Brebbia with Capt black dark. It`s not a bad smoke if you like black Cavendish. 8 o`clock k-cup to pair.
Taking the day off from yard work,my back is still not happy. LOL!

A third of a bowl left of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo, whose retirement lasted twelve minutes. 🤣
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Jim, I like Russo, He`s very knowledgeable as well as humorous,but sometimes his ego and his mouth get him in trouble.... He`s still much better than Michael Kay.
Anyway, Smoking a Vauen bent pot with BB Alamo and a McCafe k-cup.
Trying to repair electric hedge trimmers that I somehow managed to break yesterday.
Ranger, I smoked thru 1 tin of Melange , I still have 1 more. LOL!

Time for a last smoke before dinner, so I filled my Peterson/Zippo collaboration Donegal Rocky 106 straight billiard. With some G&H Seasonal Reserve. A bakki I really enjoy, but for some reason this combination of briar & Weed don't seem to work. Must make a note in my book not to try marrying these two again. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Time for a last smoke before dinner, so I filled my Peterson/Zippo collaboration Donegal Rocky 106 straight billiard. With some G&H Seasonal Reserve. A bakki I really enjoy, but for some reason this combination of briar & Weed don't seem to work. Must make a note in my book not to try marrying these two again. I hope everyone is having a great day.
Zip, smoked mine in a meer. Quite good.

Jim, I like Russo, He`s very knowledgeable as well as humorous,but sometimes his ego and his mouth get him in trouble.... He`s still much better than Michael Kay.
Anyway, Smoking a Vauen bent pot with BB Alamo and a McCafe k-cup.
Trying to repair electric hedge trimmers that I somehow managed to break yesterday.
Ranger, I smoked thru 1 tin of Melange , I still have 1 more. LOL!
We agree about Russo. I find him humorous for that reason. He was wrong about every post-season baseball prediction this year. He's picked the Rangers to win the World Series, btw. They'll probably lose now, lol.

Michael Kay is more boring than bland oatmeal. I do give him credit for curing my insomnia when I hear him talk.

Thanks Swede Buddy.
Yes the Jar use to belong to my Dad, and I'm pretty sure he pinched it from his Dad 🤣. I have quite a number of these Jars, that I've inherited from my dad, grandad, uncles and brother. It's just a matter of periodically changing the seals, which are readily available. And they work brilliantly, once the lid is screwed down, it keeps the tobacco from drying out. The one in the picture is made by Gray's pottery, for Dunhill.View attachment 13485View attachment 13486
Zippo buddy, that's very good to hear about the family heritage of these English made jars, and their workings. Seems like the best way to get a good seal. I have and use some teapots from Stoke-on-Trent by Sudbury and ALB. I read that clay used from the area has excellent heat insulating properties. I try to pre-heat the pot before putting the leaves in. Makes a wonderful cuppa.

The mailman delivered my tobacco order, Smoking my experiment that my friend suggested. Smokers pride Vanilla and cherry Cavendish, I threw in some capt black dark,too. Considering that they are not top of the line tobacco`s,it`s very good.
Smoking it in a Custom Bilt original Oom- Paul, Mug of Community coffee,too.
I finally placed a order with CS . I ordered Indian outlaw and Bill`s blend.

Enjoyed a twelve inch pastrami sub and a twelve inch Italian sub with unsalted peanuts on the side or lunch. I just finished smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg