What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a 1920s medium bend smooth dark brown BBB Umbra bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit.
BBB_Umbra_bulldog.jpg

Amphora Original in a straight bulldog Corinthian De-Luxe made for Grant's Pipe Shop in San Francisco by Comoy's. This is the first of this make and shape for me. It has some nice grain including birdseye on the bottom. Thanks to @JimInks for his suggestions on Comoy seconds and shop pipes.
View attachment 13493
View attachment 13494
Great looking pipe, man. I know you'll enjoy it.

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

We're with you EZ. Wife and I both too tired to cook after getting home from the ranch. Thank God for In N Out, lol. And having your kind of luck. Got home from having burgers and discovered the new water heater is leaking. Checked all the connections, found no problems. The damn thing is leaking internally. Have to call Bradford White tomorrow and give them the bad news. Plus we may be without hot water for a couple of days. Sheesh. So trying to find some solace with a bowl of Arango Balkan Supreme in a Maestro de Paya rusticated 1/4 bent Rhodesian and Earl Gray tea. Should have been a Scotch. Good evening gents.

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

And I just finished smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Good morning,
Starting the day with a Bari Wiking freehand, Stanwell vanilla and a mug of Pikes place coffee. So far it`s a cloudy 57 degrees here.
Ranger, When you call the hot water heater company- Insist on them covering the labor for the re-installation! It should not have to come out of your pocket!

Smoking a French Wessex billiard with BB Alamo and the last of my mornings coffee.
I have been smoking the Alamo for a week now,it`s a pretty good blend. It`s mostly black Cavendish with some Golden Burley. It`s reasonably priced,too.
Bali, what brand CR k-cups are you drinking? The few I have tried were nothing special. Since I am a coffee addict, I am always looking for some thing good !

Good morning,
Starting the day with a Bari Wiking freehand, Stanwell vanilla and a mug of Pikes place coffee. So far it`s a cloudy 57 degrees here.
Ranger, When you call the hot water heater company- Insist on them covering the labor for the re-installation! It should not have to come out of your pocket!
Absolutely, I am not paying another $1000 to replace a brand new heater that is defective.

Good morning BoBs. Late to the party today. Had to call the water heater company this morning and argue with the guy about warranty. He insisted that I have a pressure check done. I said, no offense but that is patently stupid. If I have water dripping out of the bottom of the unit, it obviously is losing pressure. What a numbskull. So trying to relax with Urban Cowboy in a Lorenzo Old Vic bent billiard and CR coffee. Going for a bike ride later to try to cool off, lol.

Codger bowl of CH in a MM general cob with another mug of coffee. Heading out soon to get some wind in my hair and blow out the thoughts of strangling the idiot at Bradford White. Will have a nice lunch at a new joint in Chino. BBQ place called Up N Smoke. Reported to be really good BBQ.

Very late to the table today, After doing her shop, Mrs Z had the urge for us to go and visit her sister. A rather pleasent day I must add, but she isnt renown for the art of pipe smoking. So i had to do without. But i came home to a great surprise, which more than made up for it. I found another very large package of Rangers finest blends in my post box.
Thank you Ranger my friend, you are a superstar.
So before our dinner, I'm going to fill a Savinelli Author with some of Rangers gifted Urban Cowboy, pat myself on the back for joining such a wonderful forum like BoBs, and finding such awesome people and friends like you all, and of course my great buddy Ranger.