What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switched over to my own Urban Cowboy in the new Lorenzo Old Vic giant. I like this somewhat better than Cowboy Coffee. The SWR with burley has more taste and smokes slower than the CS blend. And I probably have a greater % of ODF. Anyway, goes great with morning coffee. Have a great day my friends.

Good Afternoon!
I got caught up in emails and texts and forgot my morning post! I started off with GLP Abingdon in an Apple Diplomat and k-cup of Sumatra coffee. We brought out treats for the birds and bunnies after which I had mini sweet pepper strips that I scooped garlic hummus with and blueberries. Taking a break with GLP Lagonda in a Rob Roy.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted pecans and a big golden delicious apple on the side. I'm smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Gold Star Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Good morning my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Going to start my day of smokes, with a bowl of Petersons Early Morning pipe, in a Parker super bruyere 140. This will be my first pipe, in what seems like forever.
Have a great day everybody 🙂View attachment 13993
Handsome pipe, Zippo! I hope it was a real treat.

New toys! MM delivery arrived today. "It's so exciting, I really must say!"

Made a stem exchange on the Legend to a Danish stem and added a penny to the bowl floor, the decal was toast. I've modified this pipe so much now I'm not sure it's still a Legend.

IMG_0152.JPG

Christening the Franken-Legend with RedVaPer Kake. It smokes wonderfully, the new stem is more resilient and comfortable.

Legend.JPG

And I'll follow it with a christening bowl in my new MM Charlestowne Cobbler! Listening to Joe Walsh's "Life's been good to me, so far".

Cobbler.JPG

It's in the lower 40s F here, but it's been very dark and grey all day and the wind is brutal. Wind chill puts it closer to 30. I'm sitting in the shed with the doors closed, smoking John Bull in my 673KS. Very cozy here!

Once saw an explanation of why Fahrenheit is a better scale for measuring weather for humans:

Fahrenheit
0 = very cold, 100 = very hot

Celcius
0 = very cold, 100 = dead

Kelvin
0 = dead, 100 = dead

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg