What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this big bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 127 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_127billiard.jpg

Pre dinner smoke of CS Northwest Trek in a Pete Rosslare smooth bent apple with Earl Gray tea. Light fluffy snow from earlier has changed to little tiny sleet pellets. Temp down to 28. Predicted down to 15 overnight and high winds. Sounds like a good night to stay in by the fireplace, brrrrr.

Attachments

• 20240107_165134.jpg
    20240107_165134.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, 1.75 pound rib-eye steak and big baked potato dinner with a decent size slice of pecan pie for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of Wilke Shenandoah in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter VaPer for this pipe. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Been a busy day.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

I've been looking at exactly that pipe for my own collection - but new, your image only reinforces my resolve. I'm more than a little jealous. :sick: I think you have a wonderful purchase there.
Thanks @HRPufnstuf , it took my awhile of looking and watching even Ebay. Some other shapes go more reasonably on there. I even was prepared to go right into their shop in TN to buy one right off the shelf. I only wanted that shape in brown or a non-black blast and the tortoiseshell stem. Currently, the Briarworks site doesn't offer these in that combo, but SP had one or the other new. When I saw that estate for $100 usd then the sale % off, it was hard to resist. So far, I think it was a good purchase, and am fairly pleased with SP estate refurbishment. I'm pretty frugal most times, but this was right after Christmas, so... It will get DGT smoked today. Good luck on your hunt. I will possibly be at Muletown 2024, so I could keep my eye out for you, as they should have many new ones out for the show. What options do you like?

We only got 3" yesterday and a lot of it has melted, which is odd as it only got above freezing for about 4 hours yesterday. Down to 17 last and a very nipply 23 right now. Only predicted to get up to 32 today. But I'm bundled up like the proverbial bug in a rug so pretty comfy under the patio heater. Enjoying Cattle Drive in a Pete Pub with a hot mug of cowboy coffee. Charlie woke us up at 5 to tell us Molly and Augie needed to go out, which is unusual but not unheard of. Busy day today. Have to take wifey to her Legion Auxiliary meeting at 10. Then run a bunch of errands. Then out to the ranch to check on our boys. Bali, forget the shovel, get a snowblower. An old farts best friend, lol. Later BoBs.

forget the shovel, get a snowblower
The neighbor across the street usually plows our driveway, but I think he broke down trying to plow his yard yesterday. I let a different neighbor tune up the snowblower a couple of years ago and since then it's been leaking fuel. This is the first snow we'll be dealing with in a couple of years!

We only got 3" yesterday and a lot of it has melted, which is odd as it only got above freezing for about 4 hours yesterday. Down to 17 last and a very nipply 23 right now. Only predicted to get up to 32 today. But I'm bundled up like the proverbial bug in a rug so pretty comfy under the patio heater. Enjoying Cattle Drive in a Pete Pub with a hot mug of cowboy coffee. Charlie woke us up at 5 to tell us Molly and Augie needed to go out, which is unusual but not unheard of. Busy day today. Have to take wifey to her Legion Auxiliary meeting at 10. Then run a bunch of errands. Then out to the ranch to check on our boys. Bali, forget the shovel, get a snowblower. An old farts best friend, lol. Later BoBs.
I agree completely with Ranger about the snow blower, a shovel is fine for smaller amounts of snow but over 4" and I roll out the blower. I used to contract residential clearing in winter and there are some affordable and reliable electric blowers available now that would have been unheard of even 5 years ago, good power, good battery life, good charge times and good running times. If your property is large enough, a 5 or 8 horse self-propelled is great, two stage throw if you can get it.

Depending on how much snow we get I shovel or blow my mom's driveway, it's less than 2000 sq ft. My own property doesn't merit a blower, I can clear it with a regular garden shovel in 30 minutes.