What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

I heard many long, sorrowful howls outside; the kind the original Stripesy and his son, Stripesy Jr. used to make. We found a home for Stripesy, and Jr. disappeared a couple of years ago, so I figured another family member was here. As I have never heard Shy Stripesy or Scared Stripesy make that particular noise, and Sam the Scamp growls, I was thinking another one from that family was around. I looked out the back door window and saw a Stripesy I’ve never seen before. Full grown with darker colors and a big, bushy tail, but I couldn’t get a decent photo of it. A couple of minutes later, I heard a fight going on outside. I ran outside to see that cat had picked a fight with Sam, and it ran under my car when I got to the driveway. I called to Sam, who came running to me, and I picked him up and took him inside. I checked him out and saw that he didn’t have any cuts or bruises so he wasn’t hurt as far as I could tell. He stayed on my lap for a while, and then took a snooze on the couch before I let him out. Everybody seems to pick on Sam, and I see why he growls at other cats so much, the poor little fella.

The Original Stripesy.
Backyard_Closer.jpg

Stripesy, Jr.
StripesyJr-bed.jpg

Shy Stripesy.
Shy_Stripesy_Night.jpg

Scared Stripesy.
Scared_Stripesy_Stares_Me.jpg

Good morning my friends and fellow BoBs 😊
Today I thought I'd have a Falcon day, I know they are not everybody's cup of tea. You either love them or hate them, And I really love Falcon pipes. So today I'm going to fill a Falcon Shillelagh, fitted with a very tall Briar Chimney, with some Petersons Early Morning pipe, a pot of Yorkshire Tea on the side, and wish you all a great day my friends 😊
20230609_162546.jpg

Good morning fellas. Slept in, again. After filling the feeders and playing fetch with Charlie finally getting around to posting. Just finishing a bowl of Zippos recipe Tumbleweed in a Calabresi bent brandy with morning CR coffee. Surprisingly pleasant for being only 24 out. Helps that there is no wind. Gonna work on my new outdoor shed today. Want to hang some pegboard for smaller tools.

Good morning,
It has been a busy morning here, I was up early to bring my wife to the hospital to get a few heart stents,came home to find power company`s crews replacing power lines in front of my house.So no electric for a couple of hours. I was able to boil a pot of water on the gas stove to make french press coffee.
Smoking a Pete XL 02 with Capt. black original and enjoying have the electric back on.
The weather here is gloomy, dark,cloudy-looks like it`s going to get ugly soon.

Zippos gifted Condor in a Nording freehand bent Rhodesian with my 3rd mug of coffee. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while but Zippo inspired me with his Nording photo, lol. Doves are happily munching away. Have a great day everyone and Zippo you stay warm my friend.

Attachments

• 20240109_093533.jpg
    20240109_093533.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240109_094225.jpg
    20240109_094225.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Even more humbling to realize books are becoming obsolete, too.
HRP, I don't think books will ever be totally obsolete. I think there are other people like myself, and probably you as well, who enjoy sitting down with a good book. There is something more satisfying about reading from a written page rather than a computer or a Kendall. I started out as an English major. I saw myself evolving into the oddball professor ambling around campus, puffing away on a pipe and carrying a puppy under my arm, lol. But life, and interests, changed and I wound up with a double major in communications and psychology. In college I read vociferously, putting away 3 or 4 books a week along with the usual course work. I have thought about going back and rereading things like the Greek tragedies, the classics, Shakespeare, Hemingway, etc. And the odd writers like Voltaire, Sartre, and Camus. Used to be able to quote Plato, Aristotle and Socrates, but 75 years has dulled the brain quite a bit. If it didn't cost so much to ship books because of the weight I would offer to take them off your hands, lol. So hng in there. Maybe gift them to a library?

After I finished I cleaned it and five others and loaded up a Pride with GLP Kensington. That's when I found out it was time to go grocery shopping. Food is put away, treats have been passed out and I'm finishing the rest of that Kensington and warming up with a cup of coffee.

I also love books, however I have a terrible habit, of reading faster than my brain digests the information. And so I find myself re-reading pages so it sinks in. Not a great thing to do when reading a huge book, like Lord of the Rings. So I'm greatfull to modern technology. I can still have my books, but listen to them on Audible. Where somebody reads them to me 🤣.
With that said, time for another Falcon before dinner. This time in a bent stem fitted with a Hunter Briar. And filled with Rangers delicious blended Cattle Drive. Then I'll chuck another log on the fire because I was told to stay warm. And who am I to Argue with an Arizona Ranger.
20240109_172222.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

@Ranger107 Don't feel that was too wordy, I agree with all that you said. I find my posts are getting longer ,too. I attribute it to cabin fever. Donating them to a library may be a good ide, I will look into it.(y) It's kind of funny I didn't think to donate them to a library, I worked full time as a librarian while I was at university and for at least 5 years afterward.

Enjoying my little Lorenzetti with Paradoxical. It's below -10 F today (-25 C actually). Hope you don't get this kind of weather Zippo, it would be catastrophic in Britain.

Attachments

• Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
It's just how we live here, been in Manitoba all my life. There's a branch of the US forces, the Marines I think, that has a saying: "Adapt or Die." :coffee:😉
The U.S Marines have the motto Semper Fi (fidelis). Adapt or Die is a quote I believe from Charles Darwin. Either way I still salute you sir 😊

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a Snap Dragon apple on the side. I'm going back to my diet now. I'm passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. It's been cold and raining much of the night, and all day, so I'm staying inside. Haven't seen any ferals so far, but at some point Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager are likely to venture out for food. Tomato the Brave probably won't. Daisy, our esteemed Feral Princess has been snoozin' on my chair in the studio.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg