What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would go to the other end of the spectrum, my little Lorenzetti. also with Mark Twain. The lighter really emphasizes the difference in scale. The external diameter of the Lorenzetti's rim very nearly nests in the interior diameter of the Savinelli 's rim. If it did, the Lorenzetti would sink out of sight! Literally, it is that deep.

Attachments

• Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Enjoyed a big and tasty Snap Dragon apple, and am passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough for a few more bowls. The unnamed striped cat has showed up twice today, but won't let me near it. It did last night, but Abner the Eager scared it away. Well, at least it knows I care enough to feed it. Maybe it'll get friendly in time.
KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

Now smoking Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Finished work for the day, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, and I've a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite flared stem.
Savinelli_NonPareil_poker9310.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2019 C&D Yorktown in a 1991 Ashton Brindle X straight brown sandblast dublin with a square shank and tapered square acrylic cumberland stem. Going to bed when this is done.
Ashton_BrindleX_11.jpg

I saw every feral except for Shy Stripesy today. Haven’t seen her in over two months now. I wonder if the growing number of ferals have scared her away. Only saw Sam the Scamp once, and not for long. Same goes for Tomato the Brave. Abner the Eager and Daisy the Feral Princess have spent a fair amount of time here. The unnamed striped cat has been here three times today, and like Scared Stripesy, runs from me. The latter was here once that I know about, which was a few minutes ago. I thought I was making progress with “Unnamed Stripes” until three days ago, when it came running to me, and stopped about four feet from me when it saw Abner. It got scared and left. Now, it won’t come near me. Hope that changes.

Abner the Eager did give me a laugh the afternoon. When he returned to den after eating in the kitchen, he had a little feather on his head. Where it came from, I don’t know. But, when I started laughing, Abner gave me that “You laughing at me, pilgrim? You have more white in your beard than I do on my head.” He had a good point there.
Abner_Feather_Head.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to clean a few pipes. I co-created the blend.
View attachment 14824
Jim, I didn't know you were co-creator of 1849. I have an unopened 2 year old tin, but will be waiting for my other VaPer stocks to dwindle, and I remember that this ages well. With this weather (8 F), I'll be abstaining for a bit. I think the Briarworks C91 would be a good one for 1849.

Good morning,
It snowed here most of the night,So my arthritic back kept me from getting much sleep,woke up congested,too.
Smoking Velvet in a Wessex billiard,Mug of Pikes Place coffee. My wife made me a good breakfast ,but sadly nothing seems to have any taste to me.

Good morning BoBs. Finally getting around to a pipe after a busy morning. Wife said she slept good last night, and feeling better today which I am glad about. Out of Hobbits Weed till my order comes in so it's Tumbleweed in a Don Carlos bent brandy with CR coffee. Have a great day everyone.

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I never got my nap in,My wife decided to go out and get a few groceries,we are running low on a few things. Almost 5 minutes after she left our 14 year old rottweiler began puking all over the living room,quite the mess she made for me to clean up,After cleaning and shampooing the carpeting , My wife calls me to tell me the rain is freezing over ,After a 15 minute search thru the garage and 3 sheds, I had the pleasure of salting and sanding everything. Needless to say my back is not happy...
Smoking my Favorite Bari Wiking freehand ,PS Nougat,Horton`s k-cup, Pain meds.

Grooming ski trails this morning, didn't even look at the thermometer - it wasn't gonna be good news and the job needs doing. Had coffee with a shot of rye with my supervisor afterward. Getting home just now and having Mark Twain in the Sav 616.

Attachments

• Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Now, I'm smoking Wilke Edwin’s Burley in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately. Going to clean a few pipes now.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg