What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I slept for a couple of hours,Finally! The pain meds knocked me out.The dogs barking woke me up as the feral kittens were fighting in our yard-my wife forgot to put their food out!
Anyway,Smoking a Vauen long bent author , PS nougat,8 o`clock k-cup.
Ordered the wife dinner to be delivered, I feel like sh-t,dont feel like eating. Probably going back to bed after this pipe.

Va Slices in the new Falcon meer. Strange pipe, I like it but the stem feels too dainty for the bowl. Smallish button wants to slide around a lot. I have to alter my tamping method to accommodate the centre draw, but it draws very lightly relative to other pipes I own. Also, it does not heat the sides of the pipe as much. Of special note, colouring this meer will take longer, it has no heel or stem it is all bowl and the tanins and tar that would normally colour the bowl are trapped in the junk bucket below.

Va Slices so good in that new meer I put some in my Tomato meer, Holsten Maibock to go with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Been relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Va Slices in my Cobbler to wrap up the evening with another Maibock. Cobs and Va seem to be made for one another. Ski track shows some potential if the weather holds below freezing, but I've said that before earlier this season. Cross fingers for me guys, I'd like to get out of this house. I think Va Slices will/have become a permanent menu choice for me.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. It's below freezing outside, so we let Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave stay indoors. Generally, Daisy knows how to behave, but Tomato has more to learn about being around other cats. He's getting better, though. Don't know where the other ferals are.
KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to The Green Hornet from my radio collection.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Work's done for the day, and I'm smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Finally I have my bengal slices white yayyyyyyy I was so melancholy and didnt realise why until I took the first toke of my favourite backy afer 2 months . Life is great again! I really get now why back in the day doctors prescribed pipes for a few things.
Smoked it in a 2nds fat birds eye pipe one of my favs and then went balls deep in my (legend) general mac MM annnnd loving it.
Cant wailt to try the carter hall now i have a spare. (y)

1705490586054.png
1705490601361.png
View attachment 14857ATTACH]
1705491162772.png

Attachments

• 1705490563162.png
    1705490563162.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1705491131230.png
    1705491131230.png
    562.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good morning,
Smoking a DePaya bent brandy with BB Alamo,8 o`clock k-cup while the coffee perks. Sunny 18 degrees here. My job has been very slow lately,so I have a chance to do 2 union events. Tonight and tomorrow night,so I agreed to do them both. If nothing else ,it gets me out of this house for awhile.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊
Inspired by HRPUFNSTUF, I thought that today, I'd start with a Falcon International fitted with a Meershaum bowl. And I'd fill it with some of my self blended Gimli's Choice. Ranger my friend, I hope Carole is feeling much better today, give her our best buddy. As always I hope everyone has an awesome day.
20240117_135353.jpg

Just started a bowl of Cattle Drive in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant smooth billiard with a big mug of coffee when Molly started barking. So had to set it aside for a while and feed the pups. Hopefully I can get back to it soon. Zippo, thanks for the well wishes. Carole is feeling better but still in the hospital while they try to find rehab facility to move her to. She needs physical therapy at least twice a day for a couple of weeks. Later BoBs.

Wife left to take her aunt out for breakfast,So, I got stuck feeding the 3 dogs, 6 feral kittens/ (that look like full grown cats now!)Filled the bird/Squirrel feeders.Now I get to enjoy a hot cup of coffee,Capt black gold in a Vauen bent pot.