What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening fellow BoBs. Having a rare these days apres diner smoke. Arango Balkan Supreme in a Stanwell Brushed Black bent apple with leftover cabernet from dinner. Unfortunately I have to rescind my earlier proclamation of my Ranger buddy's wife's cooking talents. She brought us 3 dishes. Split pea soup, chili, and scalloped potatoes with ham and sausage. As much as I appreciated her efforts none of it was very good. Too bad as I hate wasting that much food, but neither the wife nor I could justify eating something we really didn't like. Good thing the garbage truck comes tomorrow, lol. Good night everyone. Eutychus, see Rasherroll's post. Apparently Rivendell was renamed. Now called Riverboat Queen.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through his bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to work, now.
Dunhill_1982_Dublin_RB.jpg

Almost finished smoking Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Spent too much time playing traffic cop with the ferals while I'm trying to finish this story I'm working on.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and have just over a third of a bowl left of year 2019 C&D Derringer in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 399 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Lion's Head Canadian399.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Finished that story and will start on another one tomorrow. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. If I get everything done, I'll end the day with this smoke.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Just finished doing stuff, so I needed one more smoke. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum fluted paneled brandy meer with a tapered black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem.
Royal_Meer_Fluted-Paneled_Brandy.jpg

Earlier today, Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager were in competition regarding food. I had to play traffic cop. After they ate, Abner became territorial, stalked Sam around the deck, and chased him him away. Abner came into the house, and took a snooze behind m’lady’s chair. Sam came back, jumped up on my chair for attention, which he got. He took a snooze by my side, and then decided he wanted a warmer place to nap, so he got under a blanket, and all was peaceful after that.
Sam&Abner_Trafficcop.jpg

Abner_Chases_Sam_Steps.jpg

Sam_Stretch_MySide.jpg

Sam_Sleep_UnderBlanket.jpg

Suggestion would be met with a serious "are you kidding me" stare. She is pushing for more physical therapy. Figures the sooner she is walking the sooner she will be back in the saddle, lol.
I figured as much! Reminds me of a guy at church. He's around 70, and loves motorcycles. Couple of years ago he dropped a bike on his leg, and that was a 6 month recovery. I asked him if his wife is making him sell his bikes. He replied that he had the bikes when he met her, "we're a package deal." :LOL:

Trying a new hotel for work. Last night, had some Sutliff English Oriental in a Dunhill Red Bark in their 'smoking area,' which is basically the front entry. Nice large covered driveway with a bench to sit on (when it's not all wet with mist - been foggy all day). At least it's big enough that you don't have to be careful where you stand when it's raining, like the last place with its postage-stamp-size awning.

Good morning my friends and fellow BoBs. I thought I'd start today with some Petersons Early Morning pipe in a Petersons liscannor XL90. It's surprisingly warm here in the UK today. As we have a warm front coming in from some place in Europe I've never heard of, but I'm grateful for the weather they are sending out way 🤣
Have a great day everybody

I stepped outside for a bowl after supper. The 4th of my sampler blends is PS English Oriental Supreme in my Barling Sovereign bent acorn. Back in the day I enjoyed Balkan Sobranie, and especially Drucquer & Sons 805 blend. I don't need to reproduce them exactly nor would I be able to precisely remember them after nearly 30 years), but I know I enjoy blends with Latakia. Tonight's bowl brought back good memories.

View attachment 15042
I've tried that blend and enjoyed it. There is another very reasonable bulk English with St. James perique in it. The names are quute alike, but different source, and I find the PS to be milder. I've got around 6 ounces of this jarred and your post reminds me to get it out for a bowl.
https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3829/sutliff-tobacco-company-english-oriental-400341/

Well, the kitchen faucet puked last night. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Gonna finish coffee with Mark Twain in the Legend and get a faucet. The old one is past repair, the central cylinder is cracked. Everything made of plastic it gets brittle and it's done. Not made to be repaired. Getting my old-man pants on here, I'll catch you all again later.

Attachments

• MM Legendary.jpg
    MM Legendary.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
This morning I took out Jacksie, a.k.a. Sir Barksalot of Yorkshire, for his morning walk. This served as the occasion for trying the 5th tobacco sample which I saved for last: Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend, in my Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard. I enjoyed it greatly and I will probably buy a large tin of this for regular consumption. I recently picked up a nice little leather tobacco pouch, and I plan to fill it with EGR as an EDC.

20240123_150318.jpg