What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a second set of walking reps, and met a nice young couple who were at my driveway taking photos of the ferals. We had a very fun, long conversation about a lot of things. Very enjoyable. Being the friendly street ambassador that he is, Tomato the Brave went right up to them. I learned that they feed ferals, and have occasional visits from Harry the Hairy, Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager. I was glad I had pipe tobacco with me, and smoked three bowls of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. All the ferals are inside because Harry the Hairy is in full territorial mode.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture early version #1 in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow acrylic stem. We were surprised to find a big bag of dry cat food on our porch. Our neighbors up the street who own several cats decided to help us out with the ferals (they feed ferals, too). What a wonderfully thoughtful act of generosity!
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the last quarter of this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a smooth straight brown family era Sasieni Mayfair 64 N Canadian with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Going to clean a few pipes. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Sasieni_Mayfair_Canadian.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am not far from finishing this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

On the last lap of my first set of walking reps this past day, Sam the Scamp and Harry the Hairy were keeping their distance from each other until Harry decided to chase away. That stopped when I came down the hill. Sam ran to me and cried for protection and attention. He did a roll by a tree to express his happiness. Harry the Hairy was not amused by this as he hid between our cars. I brought Sam inside to eat, and after he did, he spent most of his time laying by my side. I was smoking my Peterson 4AB Natural when I took the photos. Abner the Eager ate, too, and went behind m’lady’s chair for an uninterrupted snooze. Tomato the Brave had his own agenda.
SamTreeRoll1.jpg

HarryStalksSamCar.jpg

Sam_MySide4AB3.jpg

Tomato_Belly.jpg

Attachments

• 1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg
    1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SamTreeRoll2.jpg
    SamTreeRoll2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
  • SamTreeRoll1.jpg
    SamTreeRoll1.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 0
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2021 Watch City Glass Slipper Micro-Batch in a post-2000 straight brown sandblasted Tom Eltang cherrywood with a black acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 15567

All the ferals were here to eat when I got up today, except for Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave because they spent the night inside out of the rain. I let Abner the Eager in to eat, and he took his usual snooze afterward. Sam the Scamp and Harry the Hairy have an interesting dynamic. They are friends most of the time, and it’s obvious to me that Harry is the boss of the two. Today, Harry, who had spent the night on our deck, was territorial about eating even though I put down two plates of food at a distance. Harry wanted Sam’s food, too, and stalked Sam until Sam stopped being nervous, and they sniffed each other’s noses. I have seen them do that many times. I’m not sure what that means, but it hasn’t resulted in any arguments so far as I can tell.
View attachment 15568
View attachment 15569
View attachment 15570

Even though Harry the Hairy gets skittish toward me, he also is very friendly now. He gave me a happy meow and when I was scratching his head, he marked my hand for the first time. Harry keeps trying to get in, which isn’t going to happen. Anyway, I came back inside, and Sleepy Suzy started smelling my hand with an unusual chattering. She didn’t like the smell of Harry on my hand.
View attachment 15571
Harry wanted Sam’s food, too, and stalked Sam until Sam stopped being nervous, and they sniffed each other’s noses. I have seen them do that many times. I’m not sure what that means, but it hasn’t resulted in any arguments so far as I can tell.

You might have some Maori cats there Jim :)

https://www.nzmanukagroup.com/find-out-more/news/archive/hongi-maori-greeting