What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tall stack of blueberry pancakes with unsalted peanuts and a big, tasty Envy apple on the side. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Gourmet Blend, neat, is my drink. Got a tin of the new version of C&D Sansepolcro to review, and will try it later.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Good morning BoBs. Slight adaptation to my Breakfast of Champions line-up, The Morgan Bones Dublin is really wonderful as a morning pipe. It's on the small side, smokes clean and Mark Twain is quite flavourful in it (Jim gave me some tips about pipes and flavour that are proving fruitful, thanks Jim). I applied Zippo's recommendations about cleaning my Falcon and they were also successful, the fit is very tight though, especially shank to bowl. I'm happy this morning and very grateful for the information you guys share.
Oive the tamper. Who made it?

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Oive the tamper. Who made it?
8deco makes the slim tamper, I got it about three months ago and I love it. There are many barrel styles to choose from, mine is ebony. The spoon unscrews to provide a long pick. The spoon is actually more effective than the tamper for ember manipulation.
The other, I cannot remember but I bought it from the local Thomas Hinds about 5 years ago, it has ebony scales, is very durable, and has some heft. It is unbranded but I have seen them sold both as Brigham and Savinelli. I used to carry it at work but have retired it for something less valuable.

Attachments

• Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Rossi Lumberman  8824.jpg
    Rossi Lumberman 8824.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Just fired up some Old Professor in my new Rossi Canadian. I can't get over how light this and my Rossi Lumberman are relative to their size. Very nice entry level pipes. I would only classify two of my pipes as higher quality, and none of them are premiums. but I love them all.
Some good looking pipes there. I like that pipe shape.

8deco makes the slim tamper, I got it about three months ago and I love it. There are many barrel styles to choose from, mine is ebony. The spoon unscrews to provide a long pick. The spoon is actually more effective than the tamper for ember manipulation.
The other, I cannot remember but I bought it from the local Thomas Hinds about 5 years ago, it has ebony scales, is very durable, and has some heft. It is unbranded but I have seen them sold both as Brigham and Savinelli. I used to carry it at work but have retired it for something less valuable.
How about that knife?

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Sansepolcro 2024 (Small Batch) in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Working on a review of this blend which goes on sale this coming Tuesday.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

How about that knife?
The pocket-knife style tool is the second I described, it has no blade per se, only a pick and a ream. It is a good tool but mine has no particular manufacturer's stamp on it. My guess would be that it is specifically manufactured for rebranding, but it is a very solid pipe tool.

Finally decided on Casanova in the Cobbler for my after dinner pipe. I made braised liver with roasted onions, carrots, potatoes, and brussel sprouts. I toss the vegetables with olive oil and minced garlic. I also found out that clip-top sealers are inexpensive and easy to get at IKEA, so tomorrow after my doctor's appointment I'm off to pick up some pint and quart storage for my latest TAD acquisition. I'm just a little pleased with myself.

PS: I've decided the aroma and flavour of Casanova is most like roasted marshmallows.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a bowl of spumoni ice cream for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to work soon.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Finally decided on Casanova in the Cobbler for my after dinner pipe. I made braised liver with roasted onions, carrots, potatoes, and brussel sprouts. I toss the vegetables with olive oil and minced garlic. I also found out that clip-top sealers are inexpensive and easy to get at IKEA, so tomorrow after my doctor's appointment I'm off to pick up some pint and quart storage for my latest TAD acquisition. I'm just a little pleased with myself.

PS: I've decided the aroma and flavour of Casanova is most like roasted marshmallows.
Be careful of the clip top sealers. They are okay for short term storage but mason jars are better and not much more expensive.

Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, and am smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess, Abner the Eager, and Tomato the Brave. Listening to The Shadow as I work.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg