What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Now smoking Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to The Falcon from my radio collection.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed four ferals, and am grateful for no drama. Sam the Scamp is getting a belly. Harry the Hairy has come over twice a day the last three days, but not hanging around. He does like the attention he gets, though. Tomato the Brave walked almost half of two walking laps with me earlier today. The others have been pretty quiet today.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Just over a third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I should be able to end my day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand, CAO Moontrance,mug of Peet`s dark roast.It`s a sunny 40 degrees here.
Wife asked , When are you going to get started building the pipe rack? I showed her the drawings I had made a month ago and she didn`t like it...

Was also disappointed with their "dry rings" which are merely the same pipe cleaners clipped to size.
Hello Singed.
I own 12 Falcons, most of which I have inherited, or been gifted. And I'm sorry to say, That I have never had a problem with cleaning any of them. However I noticed you were cleaning an angled International, and yes they are a little fiddly, but not impossible. I simply put a slight gentle curve on the pipe cleaner, and make sure there is no exposed tiny bit of wire at the end. This will then pass through much easier. I hope that helps you mate, oh yes and I agree with you. Their dry rings are a rip off. I make my own using the pipe cleaners.
Have a great day buddy

Good evening my friends and fellow BoBs 😊. After a nice high tea with scones and crumpets. Its time to have a bowl of Petersons Sunset Breeze. My pipe of choice this evening will be a large Meershaum carved in a form of an elegant lady. A pipe I very rarely smoke, as it takes a ton of tobacco to fill. So I will only smoke it when I intend to have a very long puffing session. Have a great day my friends 😊

Hello Singed.
I own 12 Falcons, most of which I have inherited, or been gifted. And I'm sorry to say, That I have never had a problem with cleaning any of them. However I noticed you were cleaning an angled International, and yes they are a little fiddly, but not impossible. I simply put a slight gentle curve on the pipe cleaner, and make sure there is no exposed tiny bit of wire at the end. This will then pass through much easier. I hope that helps you mate, oh yes and I agree with you. Their dry rings are a rip off. I make my own using the pipe cleaners.
Have a great day buddy
Thanks so much Zippo, I will give your tips a go.;) (y)

Good morning BoBs. Slight adaptation to my Breakfast of Champions line-up, The Morgan Bones Dublin is really wonderful as a morning pipe. It's on the small side, smokes clean and Mark Twain is quite flavourful in it (Jim gave me some tips about pipes and flavour that are proving fruitful, thanks Jim). I applied Zippo's recommendations about cleaning my Falcon and they were also successful, the fit is very tight though, especially shank to bowl. I'm happy this morning and very grateful for the information you guys share.

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Close to finishing this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. All the ferals except for Daisy the Feral Princess (who spent the night inside my house), Scared Stripesy and Shy Stripesy (who I haven't seen in months) were waiting for me at strategic points in my back yard. I managed to find different places for all to eat in peace.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Just fired up some Old Professor in my new Rossi Canadian. I can't get over how light this and my Rossi Lumberman are relative to their size. Very nice entry level pipes. I would only classify two of my pipes as higher quality, and none of them are premiums. but I love them all.

Attachments

• Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Rossi Lumberman  8824.jpg
    Rossi Lumberman 8824.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0