What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my pocket knives, as I have nearly 300 of those!
I had a Martial arts and cutlery shop and even including swords I doubt I came close to 300 options!

Drier than a nuns sense of humor.
I spent 8 years in a Catholic grade school and don't remember the nuns even cracking a smile!

planting through landscape cloth would be very labour intensive and costly, even if you reuse it
They claim to be organic and won't take the eggs they buy from us in a plastic bag. They don't realize the plastic covers break down in sunlight possibly contaminating their produce not to mention soil compaction and restricted water and air.

You named him after one of my favorite jazz artists! What's your favorite Coltrane recording?
Oh, man. There’s many. Hard to beat his work on Kind of Blue, probably because that whole band was otherworldly. But in terms of a recording where’s he’s the leader, I’d go with Ballads for more traditional sound and A Love Supreme for a more experimental sound.

Apres diner. No experimenting. Wanted something I knew I would enjoy. So, it's Benediction in a Design Berlin bent apple sans filter and leftover cabernet from dinner. Sun has set but not dark yet. Tobacco and wine is a good pairing. Blue sky but no stars out yet. Good evening BoBs.
Ranger, can you please tell us more about the Benediction blend? Thanks, Les (Eutychus)

It's a bit cold today, so my walk with Jacksie will be probably my only smoke of the day. I enjoyed MB Golden Extra in my Barling bent acorn. Have a great day, BoBs!
Barling Sovereign Bent Acorn.jpg

Last edited:
Ranger, can you please tell us more about the Benediction blend? Thanks, Les (Eutychus)
It originally was blended by NYCPiper which I acquired from Brunello. Half Wilke High Hat and half PS LBF, by weight not volume. I rub out the LBF pretty thoroughly which I think makes it smoother and gives it a better flavor. The 1/2 lb jar I have has been aging at least 3 years.

It originally was blended by NYCPiper which I acquired from Brunello. Half Wilke High Hat and half PS LBF, by weight not volume. I rub out the LBF pretty thoroughly which I think makes it smoother and gives it a better flavor. The 1/2 lb jar I have has been aging at least 3 years.
So this would be your Benediction Match!

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking C&D Sansepolcro 2024 (Small Batch) in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Gold Star Gourmet Blend, neat, is my drink.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Last night I took a bent Danish stem from one of my Rob Roy pipes and put it on an MM Iconic Legend. I smoked it with Westminster and Abingdon which was more than enough to break in the pipe. I just reloaded it with GLP Abingdon to go along with a cup of coffee from a pour over pot of freshly roasted Brazilian coffee.
1000004409.jpg

Been trimming shrubs and now box elder saplings along the edge of the big trees which knid of opens it up. Having a cornucopia of blend remnants in an MM Pride raw cob with forever stem. This pipe had a restricted draw which was from too much gunk in the airway. I didn't want to spend the time with cleaners, so I used a 1/8 drill bit which worked wonderfully by removing a lot of black sticky tar gunk. Wide
20240224_151008.jpg
open now.

Half way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. My second set of walking reps have been rained out, durn it. Watching The Lone Ranger.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Thus afternoon in the mancave. Beautiful 50 degrees in Fargo. Drinking Diet Coke, watching The Rifleman. 1/2 way thru a bowl of C&D Burley #4 in my Ben Wade freehand with acrylic stem purchased new by me in the 70s. #4 is a little too earthy for me, so setting it aside for C&D Epiphany in my Charatan Extra Large Distinction, Lane era, purchased by me in 74.
20240224_152116.jpg