What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My own blend Urban Cowboy in a large Don Carlos 2 note. This pipe is so big it gets me through 3 cups of coffee, lol. Beautiful start of the day here on the mountain.
Haha reminds me of Sherlock Holmes and his 3 pipe problem. You sir have got yourself a 3 cup problem, and that’s a damn good problem to have!

Made it through the Monday work day! Now on the deck enjoying the great weather, smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mycroft ‘21 in a Savinelli Estella 315 EX. Decaf coffee on the side and tunes on the Bluetooth speaker. 3 more work days and then off Friday for a long weekend and a trip to the beach!
View attachment 1284
A four day work week,, slacker. Just kidding, lol. My last 4 years with Bombardier I had 5 weeks a year vacation. Took quite a few Fridays off although I found it more relaxing to take off in the middle of the week. Kinda split the hectic week in half.

Ending my day with Arango Balkan Supreme in my other Maestro de Paya, a 1/4 bent rusticated brandy. Should buy a couple more of these. Earl gray on the side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-17-18-54-52.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-17-18-54-52.png
    669 KB · Views: 56
Another beautiful evening out on the deck smoking 2004 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a Charatan’s Make Authentic. A little licorice tea on the side to give the Dark Flake unscented a little bit of the “scented” vibe….it really works well! Wishing all a good evening!
F69CE498-E547-46A7-A3E9-04CF2F22EC6C.jpeg

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a a Jobey Danish Sovereign flame grain volcano. Tazo orange tea to accompany. Don't smoke this often as it is a smaller bowl than most of my pipes but when I do I am always intrigued by how beautiful the grain is on this one. As near a perfect straight grain as almost any pipe I have ever seen. Hard to see in pics because I am a lousy photog but up close it is near perfection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-18-19-06-11.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-18-19-06-11.png
    715.6 KB · Views: 56
Smoking the last of a jar of 2004 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a Savinelli Estella 511 KS. Only have 2 half pint jars left of the 2004 vintage, so it will be awhile before I open another of those! Fortunately plenty of Dark Flake u/s from 2008 and 2010, as well as fresher stuff.
FB50E501-5AE9-456B-B340-85EA2A6CD7DE.jpeg

Last of CS Parsons Blend in a simple and cheap Crown bent billiard with my second cup of coffee. Bought this as it was touted to have a wonderful room note. Wife did not care for it so no point in buying more. Plus it's kind of bland. Will stick to Choctaw and Rivendell.

Out on the deck enjoying another wonderful evening smoking a freshly opened jar of Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug from 2019 in a Savinelli New Art. I had smoked a good bit of CCP back around 2010 and then didn’t have any for years. Bought a few oz in 2019 and found it to be much harsher than I remembered. I’m happy to report that 2 years in a jar has brought it back to exactly how I remembered it to be. Almost makes me think the stuff I bought back in the day had been sitting around in the warehouse and had already aged!
28670978-1099-46FA-AED3-4F2CB246F046.jpeg

Earlier had some EITC Officers Club in an Aldo Velani poker. Same blend now in a Pete system full bent just to compare pipes. So far can't see much difference. Fairly mild smoke. Cream sherry on the side. Wife off to play bunco with friends so just me and the dogs on the patio waiting for stars to come out.

More of the 2019 Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug this morning in a Savinelli bent that was made for, and purchased at, Main St Cigar. One of the first pipes I ever bought in 2009! Today is my Friday and then off to the beach tomorrow!
E1F188F0-06DB-46D7-9599-807F7FC1D10E.jpeg

First bowl was Urban Cowboy in a giant Lorenzo bent billiard. Now it's CH in a Pete Darry 68 rusticated with my 2nd cup of dark roast costa rican blend. Red flag warnings for wind today, gusts to 45.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-20-09-16-36.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-20-09-16-36.png
    709.4 KB · Views: 53
My own blend "Beacon Hill" so named because the components have combined to give a flavor of Boston baked beans. In a Medico Gothic which is dedicated to this blend and another similar blend called "Friar Tuck."

BoB-Gothic.PNG

Watch City Simply VOriental in a Bertram 120. 6 months in a jar has been extremely kind to this blend. Liked it fresh but LOVE it now. Anyhow, it’s a lovely evening on the deck with perfect weather, a cold beer in hand, good tunes, and a 3 day weekend at the beach ahead. Life is good!
3E0BF3D0-161C-4796-A612-C65A9C7216DB.jpeg

McB 7 Seas Royal in a Design Berlin. Can't say I'm too thrilled with this. Kind of bland with a tendency to smoke a little hot. Like the 7 Seas regular a lot better.

Experienced BoB members (BoBers?) may be able to tell what blend this is by the density of the smoke and the pattern of the whorls. The setting of the photo is also a clue, as well as this: "Holy hamburger, Batman! The ketchup monster strikes again!"

Yes, this is how I entertain myself on my quiet morning walks. For those who give up, here's the answer - written in DaVinci code:

sdooW ainigriV dnallelCcM

BoB-Whorls.PNG

Commonwealth in a Curt Rollar rusticated 1/8th bent Dublin; followed by some Arango Balkan Supreme in an old Comoy's Grand Slam 331C (curved) bent bulldog. All with strong, black coffee from the French Press. FTRPLT