What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part way through this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Chatting with the fella who gave me the pipe and the tobacco.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Good Afternoon everybody. Its a bright sunny, and beautiful day here in old blighty today, albeit a little crisp. So it's going to be Charatans First Bowl, in a Pete Donegal Rocky 05. With a large cappuccino on the side. Enjoy your day my friends 😊View attachment 16343
Is that your tamper? Very cool

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Did a little snacking, and just finished smoking year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam billiard 27 Canadian patent 341422 with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Comoy’s_Grand Slam_27billiardC.P.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. This'll do it for me today.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Woke up early because the neighbor's having a big tree cut down, and the noise is almost deafening. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Wall Street w/o perique in a year 1987 ebony full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I got John Brandt to make this for me. It’s not on the menu. Just fed the finicky Sleepy Suzy. The ferals must be elsewhere because the dry food I put down before bed time is mostly not eaten.
Peterson_MarkTwain Ebony.jpg

Dunno how long I'll be awake, so I decided to smoke a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
A bit chillier in Ye merry olde England, than it was yesterday, but another bright day. I'm about to fill a Parker Rhodesian with a copious amount of St.Bruno as I continue to listen to the life of Al Capone on Audible. I don't know how I would have dealt with prohibition, maybe I'd have to become a moonshiner 🤣.
Have a great day my friends 😊
Parker Rhodesian .jpg

A nice gentle smoke of the Glorious Hobbit Weed gifted by my great buddy Ranger in a Henry Tounge 1911 Bulldog.
I busted the Amber stem that this pipe originally had, so the acrylic is obviously a replacement. But the old boy still smokes great. Off shortly to the pub for Quiz night.View attachment 16347
These old amber-stemmed pipes are just too delicate for anything but the most gentle hand holding while smoking!! Not to mention dropping!! Been there, done that. I feel your pain!!!!! FTRPLT

Good morning BoBs. Had to get up at 4 to let Augie out and again at 6 for Charlie, so slept in an extra hour. Finally got all the pups fed and tended to so now having Hobbits Weed in a Sav Hercules 606EX with my 2nd mug of coffee. Rain showers predicted on and off all day, but a pleasant 45 with occasional sunshine. No biggie as I will be inside serving lunch at USVets at noon. Have a great day my friends.

Late last night, early this morning I loaded the Rossi Lumberman for another smoke - which became two, again. My internal clock is overwound, I dread the seasonal time change this week-end. It can only make things worse. We received at least 4" snow yesterday, I'll go out to clear the walks later today. Just having my coffee right now. BBL.

Attachments

• Rossi Lumberman  8824.jpg
    Rossi Lumberman 8824.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

These old amber-stemmed pipes are just too delicate for anything but the most gentle hand holding while smoking!! Not to mention dropping!! Been there, done that. I feel your pain!!!!! FTRPLT
When I smoke a pipe with an amber stem, I stay in my chair. If I have to get up, I hold the pipe. I try my best to never take chances with them.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 16375
Beautiful Pete, Jim. Love the color!